Show Navigation Menu

It's Halloween soon!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #35054 by janelle hell
DarkFlights wrote:

Well if anyone has any good recipes for pumpkins, please let me know - I may have around thirty to use up! I decided to grow my own veg this year in my garden, and the pumpkins went wild! It's early days yet, but there are plenty of flowers and quite a few still-green globes forming. I've never cooked one before, they're not commonly eaten here in the UK and most poeple just buy one or two for jack-o-lanterns.

All the kids in my village seem to go trick-or-treating, it's becoming more popular. I have a giant, realistic hyena costume I had made for me which I'm going to wear, but as yet we don't know if anyone's having a party, might have to organise one ourselves.

Behold, the best pumpkin recipe, ever:

land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/20...ith_disney_pump.html

These are the pumpkin muffins they have at Disneyland; the recipe is in US measurements but I'm sure you could easily convert it. (Trust me, it'll be worth it!) I only make a half recipe of the frosting as I don't like alot of frosting in/on them. They're also good without the frosting. Here's what the ones at Disneyland look like:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35057 by black_magnolia
Thanks for the recipe, Janelle! :)

I don't know any good pumpkin recipes, I usually just experiment a bit every time. :silly:

Pumpkins here also aren't really commonly eaten by people - most who grow them usually grow them for feeding animals.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35060 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

Pumpkins here also aren't really commonly eaten by people - most who grow them usually grow them for feeding animals.

I find that a little odd. But then again, it's the comlete opposite over here - we love our pumpkins! The only thing we don't do is make them into Jack o' lanterns becasue we don't celebrate Halloween.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 7 months ago #35063 by black_magnolia
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I find that a little odd. But then again, it's the comlete opposite over here - we love our pumpkins! The only thing we don't do is make them into Jack o' lanterns becasue we don't celebrate Halloween.

Well, that's at least the case here for my region. In the continental area they are more popular. I assume it's just a cultural thing as people generally stick to food which is common for their region.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35065 by ImmortalRosencroix
Ah! I'm so excited! I love Halloween! I'm not sure what I'll be doing this year, but it will likely involve going to see a performance of 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' at the local theater and possibly some fun dress up. Last year I went as one of those creepy old porcelain dolls with the gothic lolita styled dresses.

"Stulum est timere quod vitare non potes" - It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35073 by janelle hell
black_magnolia wrote:

Thanks for the recipe, Janelle! :)

I don't know any good pumpkin recipes, I usually just experiment a bit every time. :silly:

No problem...hope you like them!

Feed pumpkins...to animals?!? Nooooooooo! The animals can't have all the pumpkins lol :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds