Show Navigation Menu

It's Halloween soon!!!

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #27076 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

What do you all reckon makes a good Halloween costume? Something 'scary'? Something weird?

A guy at college came dressed as a huge banana and won 3rd prize in the costume competition. It baffles me how bananas could be Halloween-y. :woohoo:

I think a costume should me well made in the first place, or well put together. I don't really like to see cheap costumes that are falling apart on a person. Then there is the idea... I saw one guy at a masked ball dressed up like Lady Gaga from one of her videos, he basically just wors police tape and won 1st prize for that costume.
edit: I don't really think a costume has to be spooky for Halloween, it gets boring to see everyone dressed as witches, vampires, ghosts etc. so it's better to just let people dress up as they like. Mind you, I don't like seeing woman wearing those sexy, barely any cloths on them, costumes. Please, leave that for the bedroom.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27082 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: It's Halloween soon!!!
black_magnolia wrote:

Mind you, I don't like seeing woman wearing those sexy, barely any cloths on them, costumes. Please, leave that for the bedroom.

Oh true. Just the other day, I heard someone comment that \"Halloween is just an excuse for women to dress like sluts and have it be okay.\"...Which is pretty much the case. Here anyway.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27086 by Kuroboshi
Halloween is just an excuse to have fun.

Which is why, for the first time in years, I'm going to wear something.

Decided to be The Crow so I'll need to borrow some clothes off mates. It won't be 100% accurate (also my first time applying makeup) but it'll be fairly close.

All I know is I'm either going to be with a mate or taking my cousins out.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27088 by cemwerewolf
Well, the Halloween plans have been finalized! Tomorrow night a couple of friends and I are dressing up as Victorian nobles and going out. We're starting with a leisurely stroll in the park, then a fine dinner and topping it all off with a bit of clubbing.

Sunday morning I'll be dressing up in my costume and heading out to work to hand out candy to my coworkers. After that I'm running a Tim Burton movie marathon with some friends with lots of snacks and Crystal Head vodka.

As far as what makes a good costume I would have to say that effort is a big part of it. I really like costumes that people have put a lot of thought and work into rather than something just bought at a store. It gives it that extra something special.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27111 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: It's Halloween soon!!!
I'd say the best costumes are ones that people have put some time and effort into creating. Anyone can go buy something at the store and look like dozens of other people, so the creative ones really stand out. Especially if they're well made, and allow some of the wearer's personality to come through.

When I was a kid, I never had a store-bought costume. We had a trunk full of dress-up clothes, which we played with throughout the year as well, but I always raided that to create a costume for myself.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #27115 by black_magnolia
I don't really think that a costume has to be hand-made by the one who is going to wear it. It surely would be nice, but I for example couldn't sew or otherwise make a good costume to save my life. :silly: I think here of people that go to different fantasy and sf conventions and dress up, cosplay etc. They often have wonderful costumes and it's great to see them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they also wore those costumes for Halloween. You can try making a storm trooper costume by yourself but it will never really look that good and the ready made costume does cost a considerable amount of money. So hats off to those who can and do spend so much money on a costume...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds