Show Navigation Menu

Topic of the day! BIGGEST regret!

More
13 years 7 months ago #25689 by Envy
gaelquereth wrote:

I regret the fact that I wanted to be a top student for the sake of parents and teachers, constantly studying- always anxious, and never enjoyed childhood.

I find that one unusual. I lost out on my childhood for the same reasons, still losing out on teen life, but I never regretted it.

Makes me wonder if I would regret it in later life. For the now, I'm content with my progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25701 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

gaelquereth wrote:

I regret the fact that I wanted to be a top student for the sake of parents and teachers, constantly studying- always anxious, and never enjoyed childhood.

I find that one unusual. I lost out on my childhood for the same reasons, still losing out on teen life, but I never regretted it.

Makes me wonder if I would regret it in later life. For the now, I'm content with my progress.

I could add something similar... I regret not skipping school more often. There was a shopping mall about a 20 minute walk from my high school, so people were always cutting class to hang out there instead. I did go sometimes, but looking back, I wish I had gone more often. I was a good student without really trying, so my grades probably wouldn't have suffered, and I think it's a lot easier to skip school than skip work for no reason.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25720 by Madam_Mim
I don't think that I have any thing I really regret, because as a once taught me - you can not undo/regret anything you wanted to do at the time, but you can learn from it and hopefully not make the same mistake again.

I hope you understand what I mean by that I write, because it's difficult to explain with a few words :side:

More
13 years 7 months ago #25727 by millkins
Well to be honest I dunno, I made a lot of mistakes on my trail but learned something from each and every one. But my general regret is not saying what I think at the crucial of times, I sometimes just block up, and whenever that happens I regret it BIGTIME.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25739 by Zenith
mmm...I gave it a thought and I don't think I regret my choices in the past as much as I regret drinking two liters of cola/pepsi a day for a year or so. It destroyed my stomach and now I have to diet and take pills

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
13 years 7 months ago #25742 by Envy
Zenith wrote:

mmm...I gave it a thought and I don't think I regret my choices in the past as much as I regret drinking two liters of cola/pepsi a day for a year or so. It destroyed my stomach and now I have to diet and take pills

That's of quite a lot of interest to me.

The ex who abused me drank 2l of cola without fail, every day. He also eats takeouts and pre-made stuff for every meal (and yet stays underweight)..

Hmm. He has an immune deficiency too.

..Yes. That information is quite intriguing to me.

Reminds me of another reason I regretted ever meeting him - He set me on the wrong path mentally, and I developed a lot of disorders. One was an eating disorder and as a consequence, my stomach is very iffy too.

Bah. My life would be completely different had I not met him.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds