Show Navigation Menu

Eating Habits

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #30102 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Eating Habits
Envy wrote:

Oh..I think there's a big difference. The clothing shows it for a start..A small in US sizing is massive. Even for my brother, who is normally a UK large or XL. But that's just how I see it..Everyone I see seems to be either a head taller and a bit more broad-shouldered than the typical UK male/female.

I think as the general population has gotten larger, they've changed the clothing sizes to match. No one wants to admit that they're an XXXL, so the clothing companies just change the label, so what used to be considered size medium is now a large, etc.

I have some newer skirts that are marked size small, and some older ones (15 years or so old... yes I keep things that long!) that are marked size large. But when I measure them against each other, they're pretty much the same. They all still fit me, and I'm quite sure the older items didn't shrink...
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Morgana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #30104 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Eating Habits
Morgana wrote:

I think as the general population has gotten larger, they've changed the clothing sizes to match. No one wants to admit that they're an XXXL, so the clothing companies just change the label, so what used to be considered size medium is now a large, etc.

I have some newer skirts that are marked size small, and some older ones (15 years or so old... yes I keep things that long!) that are marked size large. But when I measure them against each other, they're pretty much the same. They all still fit me, and I'm quite sure the older items didn't shrink...

Yes, this is so true! I have items that are labelled small and items that are 4XL and all fit me! :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30393 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Eating Habits
:pinch: I have Chinese, Japanese *and* Italian genes..

..And yet I still cannot eat noodles or spaghetti without:

a) Getting some in my eye, even with glasses on
b) Getting food on the floor, or
c) Getting sauce/soup all over my face.

..What's worse is that a noodle-bunch just flew out of my noodle-cup and camouflaged itself on my hardwood floor. Maybe I should just stop eating noodles/spaghetti.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30418 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh dear, hope you find it soon! :laugh:
I'm of German/Polish/Ukranian decent but I seem to be able to keep my noodles/spaghetti in my bowl...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 3 months ago #30423 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Eating Habits
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

I'm of German/Polish/Ukranian decent but I seem to be able to keep my noodles/spaghetti in my bowl...

:S Argh gross..

I just read that and remembered that no-one found it yesterday..Because I forgot to tell my parents to keep an eye out for it.

...D'oh.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30448 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Envy wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

:S Argh gross..

I just read that and remembered that no-one found it yesterday..Because I forgot to tell my parents to keep an eye out for it.

...D'oh.

That'll be an unpleasant find... :S

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds