Show Navigation Menu

@home

More
14 years 7 months ago #2495 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:@home
Funny enough, I was thinking of starting a similar post . . .

I live in Saskatchewan which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of Canada's climate. Really hot summers, really frigid winters. So I make the most of Spring which is beautifully rainy, and fall with it's fabulous colors. Those are the two seasons when I can use my wardrobe to it's fullest extent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2502 by demonica66613
Replied by demonica66613 on topic Re:@home
I was born and still live in California, USA. Weather is hot but, not like that dry heat in Arizona (my mother in-law lives there). Doesn't rain enough, if you ask me. Only draw back is the windy weather and wildfires. We've had one burning out here now for over a week. Greatful it's not near me but the smokey air still sucks.
Always plenty to do, good schools for my boys. I live in LA county, but I live in the hills in a nice small gated community. It's nice to be away from all the noise and traffic of the valley. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #2504 by nocturnal-pet
Replied by nocturnal-pet on topic Re:@home
CorpseQueen wrote:

I'm 25% finish :)

Living and born in Sweden, and it's good enough for me. Once traveled to Scotland for 2 weeks, and it was lovely enough for me to live there, but who knows? I do love the rain, so with that I'm fine, but I did hate the wind... worst part of the weather, but maybe that's only because the town I lived in was on a big hill by the sea... Else I loved the arcitecture, each house looked like a little castle, even now... unlike here in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, where I live, when they demolished most of the town to rebuild in the 1950's... seemed like a great plan, for the people up high, even tho half the town was out on the streets trying to stop them, and the other half trying to stop them by paperworks. Got a bit of the old town left tho...

You are partly finnish? :)
I have visited Sweden many times, especially Stockholm (Viking Line goes there, so I go *laughs*). I really like the old part in Stockholm, one place I am always sure to visit. For I just love those small alleys, and the architecture, and the shops.. We don't have anything like that in here, so you are lucky. :)
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by nocturnal-pet.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2506 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:@home
I live in Brussels, Belgium i like that.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2524 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:@home
I hail from Croatia. Now a small and poor country. Once a homeland of savage, rutheless and merciless killers.

a small church in Aechen, Germany hosts a marble tablet speaking of croats during the thirty-year war and made infamous by the annihilation of Magdeburg at the hands of croat calvary as ordered by the Count of Tilly Johann Tserclaes.

It says (in croatian I do not know the original statement.)
Boze cuvaj nas od rata, gladi, kuge i Hrvata.

(or in english)
God, save us from war, famine, pestilence and Croats.

Prowar belgian posters in ww1 said Croats eat children

Such stories go on and on...

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2554 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:@home
nocturnal-pet wrote:

You are partly finnish? :)
I have visited Sweden many times, especially Stockholm (Viking Line goes there, so I go *laughs*). I really like the old part in Stockholm, one place I am always sure to visit. For I just love those small alleys, and the architecture, and the shops.. We don't have anything like that in here, so you are lucky. :)

Ever been to Sci-fi-bokhandeln? Just in the Old Town... got loads of nice books, everything you can't get in the regular store :silly: me likes it there...

Used to take the boat to Finland as well, as my family had a place there, out in the country, that was really run down but really nice. Had to sell it tho, as my grandmother died, and none of the aunts would keep it... still a bit sad.
I know a few words in finish tho! Maito, for example! :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds