Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
12 years 11 months ago #32867 by Envy
jefkim666 wrote:

Envy wrote:

:P It's sort of a big deal in England..Though admittedly we never know when it is. If it's on a convenient day and enough notice is given (which gives me time to buy something), then I will get something for my mother.

..But I think we forgot this year.

In Holland we're burried in pamphlets three weeks in advance. So you shouldn't have to remember it yourself. (And still i do forget...)

No way! *Pamphlets*?! What exactly is on them? :P Advertisements for things you can buy or just reminders to 'love your mother'?

Can't imagine them sending pamphlets around here about Mother's Day. It's a semi-big deal here, but only generally due to shops wanting to cash in on it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32875 by Morgana
It's a pretty big deal in Canada. There are lots of ads in the store flyers for things to buy... jewellery, perfume, candy, etc. My mom doesn't want gifts though, she says just a card and phone call is great.

I sort of forgot this year, and was late mailing my mom's card. I called her today though, and she said not only has my card not arrived yet, she hasn't got any other ones either. And there are 5 of us! d'oh! She thought it was funny though, and figures they'll all arrive tomorrow, so it's OK.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32882 by Madam_Mim
Envy wrote:

@ Orkangel:

:P It looks great! And what an interesting idea..I thought of doing something similar before by making curtains out of Alchemy flags if I bought one-too-many for the wallspace in my room..But I haven't quite got that many flags yet. :woohoo: Never thought about laminated posters..

@ Madam_Mim:

Sounds intriguing - Any pictures for us? I'm trying to imagine what it'd look like.

I haven't taken a picture of my umbrella, so I just found this online.
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #32883 by Envy
Hah! That's so cute! I usually dislike pentagrams, but damn.

That is an amazing umbrella. :P

More
12 years 11 months ago #32886 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Hah! That's so cute! I usually dislike pentagrams, but damn.

That is an amazing umbrella. :P

I agree! I imagined it a normal umbrella shape with a pentagram drawn on the fabric, not literally in the shape of a star. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #32987 by StephenG
*wasn't a purchase; it was a gift/souvenir from my friend's trip to Romania:
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by StephenG. Reason: forgiveness please

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds