Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
13 years 1 month ago #31719 by Morgana
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Our pharmacies only allow the elderly and disabled to get discounts. It's good for my dad.

That sounds fair, at least for prescriptions. The drugstores here sell so much more than \"drugs\" though... some of them even have fairly large grocery sections now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31729 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Morgana wrote:

Our pharmacies only allow the elderly and disabled to get discounts. It's good for my dad.

That sounds fair, at least for prescriptions. The drugstores here sell so much more than \"drugs\" though... some of them even have fairly large grocery sections now.

Ah ours just sell medication, equipment for those who are ill or injured as well as general toiletries for others.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 1 month ago #31731 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

It looks like it comes down to what we call a store in different parts of the globe. :silly:
Here you can't get drugs in a drug-store becasue pharmacies are always divided from all that miscellaneous stuff that I can imagine you can find in the US or Canada. Here a drug-store has all that miscellaneous stuff, but no meds (not even the ones you can get without a prescription).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31745 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

It looks like it comes down to what we call a store in different parts of the globe. :silly:
Here you can't get drugs in a drug-store becasue pharmacies are always divided from all that miscellaneous stuff that I can imagine you can find in the US or Canada. Here a drug-store has all that miscellaneous stuff, but no meds (not even the ones you can get without a prescription).

Oh..Over in the UK, we have 'chemists/pharmacies'..There's no difference as far as I'm aware. They all do prescriptions and they usually stock beauty/wellbeing/childcare items too..That's about it.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31753 by Morgana
I'm pretty sure that \"drugstores\" in Canada started out as pharmacies, where you need a doctor's prescription, plus assorted over the counter medicines (for colds, headaches, cuts and scrapes).

They've increasingly branched out over the years though, to include toiletries, make-up/perfume, baby items etc. They also tend to have small selections of things like movies, stationery items, food, cleaning products. I haven't seen one yet that sells clothes (OK, maybe cheap flip-flops in the summer), but that may only be a matter of time.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31756 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oh..Over in the UK, we have 'chemists/pharmacies'..There's no difference as far as I'm aware. They all do prescriptions and they usually stock beauty/wellbeing/childcare items too..That's about it.

That's about it also in our pharmacies, but we also have stores that stock only beauty/wellbeing/childcare/cleaning items but don't stock meds (ergo not prescriptions and not even aspirin and other non-prescription stuff) and don't stock groceries.
No idea how to call those shops other then drug store (one such shop is even called \"DM\" which stands for drogeriemarkt because it's a German company). They do stock a few of those healthy bio foods like for vegetarians, but not so much as normal grocery stores.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds