Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
13 years 4 months ago #28361 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

The picture works for me, Envy! :) Lovely jacket, but I don't really see much of a sailor theme going on there. :silly:

:P It's the whole nautical stripes thing..And the little collar at the back that really caught my eye.

..That and the fact that the little ruffle trims are adorable..Hehe. ^.^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28363 by Madam_Mim
A snow shovel and a snow scraper to remove all the snow we've got - it's the house owner who is required to remove all snow from the sidewalk :( and it's hard work.... :S

More
13 years 4 months ago #28365 by black_magnolia
Madam_Mim wrote:

A snow shovel and a snow scraper to remove all the snow we've got - it's the house owner who is required to remove all snow from the sidewalk :( and it's hard work.... :S

We have the same rule here, and if there are more owners in a building then they take turns per day... I always pray that there's no snow when it's my turn. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28451 by Envy
We don't currently have that rule - Because snow was so scarce, we'd usually make do and get on with life if possible, with the local councils paying out to grit the roads. The little streets are either voluntarily cleared by homeowners, or left iced up. Similar with the little grass patches on the sides of streets. Technically, the homeowner owns the pavements outside, but it's the council's job to trim the grass there and ensure the pavements are all safe (not cracking/a hazard etc.)

I think there are places that have grit buckets on the streets which are meant to be filled by the council, but there are huge shortages in those, so they make little difference.

My jacket came in the post today - Really pleased with it. ^.^ It's warm, but not too thick, and it turns out that the hood is attached by buttons which are only visible if you lift up the little collar at the back, so it is detatchable. Saves me from having to make some changes. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #28462 by Morgana
I picked up a quart of single malt Scotch, 15 year old Highland Park... a little Christmas present for me. I haven't opened it yet though, as I'm saving it for Yule and Christmas. I haven't tried this one before, but from various things I've read about it I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28693 by necie1286
i got me a small tiny Christmas tree for my night table by my bed its green with blue and silver things and snow flake lights

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds