Show Navigation Menu

Your Creativity

More
14 years 2 months ago #14952 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Post Your Creativity
Got creative in another medium the other day and thought I'd see what some of you folks thought about it. A friend of mine has started selling jewellry and took me on a supply run with her. Next thing I knew, I was putting this together :
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14958 by black_magnolia
I love the necklace, cem! Are the leaves made of glass or plastic, I can't really tell form the pictures? (my eyes hurt from having them so much in the books :silly:)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14964 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Post Your Creativity
It looks fabulous, I have bought some materials too but haven;t really gotten to it yet. Does she have a gallery?

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #14976 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Post Your Creativity
That's beautiful, cemwerewolf! And very intricate, for what I'm assuming is your first attempt at jewelry making (correct me if I'm wrong). Was it difficult to make? I've thought about trying this myself, but just never seem to get around to it...

More
14 years 2 months ago #14989 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Post Your Creativity
@ black_magnolia : Yes the leaves are made of glass. The brown ones are fairly opaque with quite intricate veins and lining while the purple ones are a bit simpler but much clearer so they catch the light better.

@ millkins : She doesn't have a gallery yet as she has just started into it. She wants to get a variety of pieces together first. Now that she's seen what I came up though she's trying to recruit me! :)

@ Morgana : I used to make a lot of jewellry when I was younger. It was usually fairly simple though compared to this piece. It wasn't terribly difficult to make this one overall though. A lot of my techniques for attaching it all together came from repairing jewellry I have bought and broken over the years. It's a learning process. Now that I made this one I've been able to think up a few different ways of doing things in the future.

I think I got everyone's questions answered there . . . :laugh:

More
14 years 2 months ago #15031 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Post Your Creativity
You did, thanks, but now I have another question...

Did you follow a pattern, or was this a design you made up yourself? If so, did you plan it first, or just make it up as you go?

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds