Show Navigation Menu

Vegetarianism

More
13 years 10 months ago #22119 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Vegetarianism
I've been a vegetarian for a few years now. I still eat eggs and dairy products, but not fish or any kind of seafood, which I never liked anyway. And food is really just a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Beans and rice together make a complete source of protein (something about that particular combination, each complements the other) and there is iron in molasses. So it is possible to get the nutrition that you require, you just have to take a bit more time to think it through.

I really don't care what anyone else eats though, no more than I care what religion they follow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22135 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Vegetarianism
Morgana wrote:

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now. I still eat eggs and dairy products, but not fish or any kind of seafood, which I never liked anyway. And food is really just a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Beans and rice together make a complete source of protein (something about that particular combination, each complements the other) and there is iron in molasses. So it is possible to get the nutrition that you require, you just have to take a bit more time to think it through.

I really don't care what anyone else eats though, no more than I care what religion they follow.

Thanks for the beans and rice info! I generally combine beans with potatoes, didn't yet try them out with rice. I'll try that out this week. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22144 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Vegetarianism
Oh yeah, baked beans and rice go great with chicken. :)

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22146 by Polaristhe2
Morgana wrote:

Not wanting to double post or anything, but I completely disagree with you on the subject of getting complete nutrition from a vegetarian/vegan diet. On at least 10 accounts.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22147 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Vegetarianism
Polaristhe2 wrote:

Not wanting to double post or anything, but I completely disagree with you on the subject of getting complete nutrition from a vegetarian/vegan diet. On at least 10 accounts.

Could you please elaborate? I'm curious.

I don't think I could eat beans with rice. I've had rice practically everyday since I was a child and as a result I'm pretty sensitive to 'mushy' textured things for some strange reason. I don't think I could stomach rice *and* beans at the same time. :S
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22151 by Polaristhe2
Envy wrote:

Polaristhe2 wrote:

Could you please elaborate? I'm curious.

I'd be happy to. And I'll try to elaborate it the best way I can.

Short story:

It has been proven over and over that the original species of modern man, Homoerectus, Homosapien, Neanderthal, and Cro-Magnon were meat-eaters. Humans always return to animal protein, as we are made of a protein molecule, not a sugar (carbohydrate) molecule.

Now that should be enough, but if you really, really want to know more here's the whole nine yards of it.

Long story:

Man has a PH balance, which means Acid/Alkaline. If man were a vegetarian, then he wouldn't produce any acid at all. He'd be totally alkaline. All foods that are of the protein variety, meat, fish, eggs, chicken, turkey, cheese and cottage cheese are digested in an acid base. All foods that are not of a protein nature, such as fruits, vegetables, and grains, are digested in an alkaline base. Nature seems to have given us this balance. Why does Mother Nature intend you to have stomach acid? Hydrochloric acid is the main component of your stomach. If your stomach acid is high enough, and you ingest any bacteria or virus, the hydrochloric acid kills it. This is part of your immune system, just like your diet, your good bacteria, your Thymus, vitamin C, and the colostrum that you secrete when you're born. The hydrochloric acid is there to destroy viruses, bacteria and all pathogens. The reason why the people of today are so sick is because we've eaten a diet of refined and processed carbohydrates for the last one hundred years. We've become carbohydrate eaters, consuming cookies, cakes, pies, candies, pretzels, doughnuts, pizza, slurpies, pop tarts, sugar frosted flakes, bagels, pasta and spaghetti. We're starting to become alkaline. When you become alkaline, you lose your hydrochloric acid. The body says 'why should I manufacture it, when I have no need for it?' You become alkaline, and that's when you become a victim. This is the number one, most important reason why I feel man is not meant to be a vegetarian.

If man is truly a vegetarian, he should manufacture a hormone called cellulace. Cellulace is an enzyme that a vegetarian animal's (herbivore) body produces when he ingests vegetables which contain cellulose. For instance, a rabbit or a cow will secrete the enzyme cellulace to absorb cellulose. Man does not manufacture that enzyme hormone. He never did, he doesn't today and he probably never will.

Man was prepared by nature to survive on almost anything. He can eat between 200-250 different foods. Man is not truly an herbivore; he's not truly a carnivore. He can live on anything. If he has meat as his only source of food, he can live on that. If he has only vegetables, he can live on that.

I'm not saying he is going to be that healthy living on a total vegetarian diet, but he can survive. Man is an omnivore. \"Omni\" meaning he can live on anything. History seems to teach us that man has only been a farmer or eater of vegetables and grains seven or eight thousand years. (Some say more, some say less, this is just an average). As man got tired of hunting animals, he started eating vegetation. It was easier for him, because of his environment, to grow things instead of hunt things. Hunting is very tedious and tiresome. It is very, very difficult, so man started eating vegetables and grains. He still ate meat (with vegetables) whenever he could. Nature prepared us to be omnivores. That is why we have survived all this time. There is an interesting book, Not by Bread Alone, written by Vilhjalmur Stefansson. He was a scientific researcher who lived with the Primitive Eskimos (not modern day Eskimos) in the Arctic for many years. He ate everything that they did: fish, blubber, walrus, heart, liver, kidneys, and spleen. There were no fruits or vegetables in Arctic.

Only omnivores are used in medical testing when scientific data is collected pertaining to human beings. The animals that are used are rats, monkeys and pigs. They are used because they closely resemble the human metabolism and anatomy. If a man was meant to be a vegetarian, why don't these scientists use rabbits?

Pernicious anemia is caused by lack of vitamin B12. There is no fruit, vegetables, or grain in the world that contains B12. Vitamin B12 is only found in animal protein.

When protein foods are taken into the body, they are broken down and converted into amino acids by the liver. Amino acids are the basis for all human and animal life in the universe, the DNA, the RNA factor, the nucleus of all the cells. The amino acid comparison between meat and vegetables, states that the best proteins are eggs, intestines, liver, glands, and raw milk. These have a biological value of 3.9 or greater. This comes from government regulations and is called \"P E R Rating\". Vegetables are rated, depending on variety, between 2.0 and 2.9. Animal protein is so superior to vegetable protein that there is no other contest.

Then there is the physical growth part. You won't grow. And if you continue being a total vegetarian, you will become lethargic. You won't even want to work out. It will take you three months of a pure vegetarian diet to get there if you are extremely healthy. In addition, your muscles will start to atrophy. Animal protein is so superior to vegetable protein, it's almost a joke.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat fruits, grains, and vegetables. They are excellent foods. Your hair, eyes, skin, liver, kidneys, spleen, thyroid, heart, and even blood are made from protein. They're not made from sugar or carbohydrates. Next to water, the second most abundant substance in the human body is protein, not sugar.

Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Polaristhe2.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds