Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 9 months ago #23029 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:If you had to...
Morgana wrote:

I support a local no-kill animal shelter. I make a donation to them in my mom's name at Christmas, as her present, and randomly send them a bit of cash when I can.

I've noticed lately that stores seems to be asking for donations for their favourite charity. I'll be at the cash to pay for something, and as they're ringing it up, the cashier will ask if I'd like to donate a small amount, usually a dollar or two, to the charity. I used to say yes, out of guilt, but lately I just say \"not today thanks\". This tactic really bugs me, since they're trying to guilt you into it. I also feel sorry for the cashiers, having to ask that all the time. Has anyone else encountered this?

Argh, I can imagine that. I've noticed that charities have been calling at the door more often now - Even 'fake' charities have been set up by people wishing to exploit those who are charitable! We have salespeople and charity people calling/ringing the doorbell constantly and it's got to the point where we won't open the door and won't answer the phone. :S

I think I like supporting a cancer research charity purely because that little bit of money could aid in finding a 'perfect cure'..It sounds silly but hey, never know. :P I was just curious as to all of your charity choices and reasonings behind them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30007 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: If you had to...
Hm.

If you had to survive on a deserted island for the rest of your life, what 7 items from 'the civilised world' would you take with you? (This is presuming everything you'd need for basic survival is already packed and doesnt count)

Just curious. My day's just been ruined because I found out we've ran out of tomato sauce, so..Yeah. Realised I really can't live without tomato sauce. :woohoo:

More
13 years 3 months ago #30049 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re: If you had to...
Envy wrote:

Hm.

If you had to survive on a deserted island for the rest of your life, what 7 items from 'the civilised world' would you take with you? (This is presuming everything you'd need for basic survival is already packed and doesnt count)

Just curious. My day's just been ruined because I found out we've ran out of tomato sauce, so..Yeah. Realised I really can't live without tomato sauce. :woohoo:

Once in school, we had an assignment like this. We where split into groups and would survive ona lonely island. My group chose to take with them - a wizards wand. And a manual for it. Then we didn't need anything else, as we could magically get everything. We did bring a jet, and a 40-man tent with stove and all just in case... :P

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 3 months ago #30056 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: If you had to...
Envy wrote:

Hm.

I think I'd have to say... a gun. I'm way too used to civilization and indoor plumbing to cope with being stranded anywhere.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30190 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: If you had to...
Morgana wrote:

I think I'd have to say... a gun. I'm way too used to civilization and indoor plumbing to cope with being stranded anywhere.

:woohoo: I really didn't see that coming.

I'm used to civilisation but I'd be curious to see how things went - Though I guess it'd be a good idea to have the gun in case things weren't so successful. :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #30222 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: If you had to...
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

:woohoo: I really didn't see that coming.

I'm used to civilisation but I'd be curious to see how things went - Though I guess it'd be a good idea to have the gun in case things weren't so successful. :P

Sorry, I know that really wasn't in the spirit of your question... I must have been cranky that day!

How about this list?

- unlimited amount of music, with an appropriate device to play it on
- unlimited amounts of books
- lifetime supply of coffee and chocolate (although to me, that goes under basic survival items)
- lifetime supply of sunblock (at least SPF 50, or I'd have to become completely nocturnal)

And that's about all that springs to mind at the moment...

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds