Show Navigation Menu

If you had to...

More
13 years 10 months ago #22320 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:If you had to...
Since it seems we're still on the subject of senses, I'd have to choose smell/touch. Though that comes from the fact I'll be relying on having my sense of sight for the future, hearing makes communication easier, and I can't go without the taste of some things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22321 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:If you had to...
i can live without taste and smell, but sight, sound, and touch are three that I must have.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22991 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:If you had to...
Hmm..

If you had to sponsor one charity/cause, which would it be and why?

I was just mulling over that question after looking at the Breast Cancer Awareness thread..

Our school has several houses and each one sponsors a charity. I hate to sound horrible, but I really dislike the charity we ended up with. I would've preferred to sponsor Cancer Research UK, but another house got it and we ended up sponsoring a charity which uses money to give dying children holidays.

It's a nice charity and I have nothing against it, but personally, I would've preferred that the money was spent on cancer research..I hate to value one cause more than another, but in this case, I really think money would've been better spent on the latter. :unsure:

More
13 years 9 months ago #22999 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:If you had to...
I sponsor a different charity every year. I don't really want to think about it too much and weight out which charity is better, so when I have the chance to give something for charity then I do it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23011 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:If you had to...
I support a local no-kill animal shelter. I make a donation to them in my mom's name at Christmas, as her present, and randomly send them a bit of cash when I can.

I've noticed lately that stores seems to be asking for donations for their favourite charity. I'll be at the cash to pay for something, and as they're ringing it up, the cashier will ask if I'd like to donate a small amount, usually a dollar or two, to the charity. I used to say yes, out of guilt, but lately I just say \"not today thanks\". This tactic really bugs me, since they're trying to guilt you into it. I also feel sorry for the cashiers, having to ask that all the time. Has anyone else encountered this?

More
13 years 9 months ago #23017 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:If you had to...
If I had to?

Most likely one that deals with testicular cancer. Not as much attention is paid to that, probably should have more attention paid.

Any charities we've done at High School have always been to do with kids, suppose that happens when you put a bunch of teenagers in control of choosing a charity or they're given one the teachers think they'll care more about.

Morgana, I've not experienced that here thankfully. I'd probably feel guilty if I said \"No.\" and end up giving some money to whatever charity. Hopefully they won't do that here.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds