Show Navigation Menu

Art.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23963 by Envy
Abstract things are an interesting form of expression and creation I guess.

My tastes in art can differ a lot - I pick and choose pieces or artists to like, generally, and I don't stick to one type, e.g. I couldn't say honestly that \"I love only abstract art\"..Well..To be honest..What art lover could say that? :P

Hmm..I haven't any particular favourites here, but I'd probably say something by Dali. He's a very interesting painter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23968 by Thurysaz
Bonjour sister Envy,

Me too I like Dali too much but, it is a member of the \"surrealist\" there is no abstract art.
His paintings, even if they are \"fantastic\" are figurative. A horse still looks like a horse while Dali painted with oversized legs.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #23973 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Art.
\"Abstract\" is quite a relative adjective when it comes to art.

Surrealism is a movment of abstract art and therefore Dali is in all his right a representative of it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23990 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Art.
Mm..I knew that Dali was categorised as a surrealist, generally, but yeah, pretty sure some of his stuff came under abstract.

*Shrug*

Maybe it's something which is down to interpretation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23994 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Art.
Envy wrote:

Mm..I knew that Dali was categorised as a surrealist, generally, but yeah, pretty sure some of his stuff came under abstract.

*Shrug*

Most of his stuff is abstract. There are a few of his early works that are figurative/realistic, but those are really just a couple of his works and not the works for which he is remembered most. Like most great artists he also started with realism and figurative art and then went on to form his own style...

Since the arrival of abstract art the term figurative has been used to refer to any form of modern art that retains strong references to the real world. Painting and sculpture can therefore be divided into the categories of figurative, representational and abstract, although, strictly speaking, abstract art is derived (or abstracted) from a figurative or other natural source; therefore also just a slight abstraction as elongating the legs of the horse and elephants in Dali's 'Temptation of St. Anthony' is enough to make it abstract art...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23995 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Art.
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

*Shrug*

Most of his stuff is abstract. There are a few of his early works that are figurative/realistic, but those are really just a couple of his works and not the works for which he is remembered most. Like most great artists he also started with realism and figurative art and then went on to form his own style...

Since the arrival of abstract art the term figurative has been used to refer to any form of modern art that retains strong references to the real world. Painting and sculpture can therefore be divided into the categories of figurative, representational and abstract, although, strictly speaking, abstract art is derived (or abstracted) from a figurative or other natural source; therefore also just a slight abstraction as elongating the legs of the horse and elephants in Dali's 'Temptation of St. Anthony' is enough to make it abstract art...

^.^ Thanks for clarifying.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds