Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 1 month ago #31832 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Oh..Strange..

The moon thing wasn't in our media at all, to my knowledge. :huh: If it was, it must've been cast aside pretty hastily, with all of the things happening now..

Our military are heading into Libya..(Straight after the Prime Minister cuts spending on defences, ugh! Bastard! Sending them out to die!)..There was controversy earlier last year when troops in Iraq were poorly equipped..And now they're facing cuts and heading into something new. It's ridiculous!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31835 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: What's in the news?
although i love smoking pot, theres nothing but pot busts here in the news, its getting out of hand

ZOSO

More
13 years 7 hours ago #32649 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
Right now I'm trying to find some news isn't about Kate and William - which is virtually impossible :X
I fully understand that there is much in the British media, but that they get almost as much media coverage here with us(non British), I don't understand. :unsure:

More
13 years 4 hours ago - 13 years 4 hours ago #32651 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Madam_Mim wrote:

Right now I'm trying to find some news isn't about Kate and William - which is virtually impossible :X
I fully understand that there is much in the British media, but that they get almost as much media coverage here with us(non British), I don't understand. :unsure:

In all honesty the majority of Brits seem sick of it. Just seems to be a few fanatics that are the typical celeb-lovers or royalty-lovers that are going overboard with 'wedding fever'..The rest of us don't give THAT much of a shit. Costing us bloody 30m+ at a time when the country's cutting shitloads of medical and educational funding..

Apparently that's the cost of 300 doctors.

Every damn thing on TV this week has been about fucking weddings. For God's sake! Yes, you're getting married, we get it! Sure, it's nice and all, congratulations to the young couple, but don't rub it in my face INCESSANTLY for a *whole damned week* and expect me to still have the energy and mindset to be enthusiastic on the day. I have more to bloody worry about.

I think the media's deliberately trying to hype it up by exaggerating the excitement in order to try pick up the economy, which is going to shit.

Prior to today, everyone was going on about street parties and mass celebrations - No. It's not happening. In my city, I heard that *no-one* applied for a street-party, and in the wider area around here, I think there were 3-5 planned street-parties in the more rural areas.
Last edit: 13 years 4 hours ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 hours ago #32654 by orkangel
Replied by orkangel on topic Re: What's in the news?
I've just been to town to do some shopping and its business as usual, no one seems to care. None of my customers have been enthusiastic at all. Maybe its a south of England thing.I was just wondering who is going to provide her family with sufficient cash to live in the manner to which they are about to become accustomed ?

More
13 years 1 hour ago - 13 years 15 minutes ago #32656 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: What's in the news?
Envy wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

In all honesty the majority of Brits seem sick of it. Just seems to be a few fanatics that are the typical celeb-lovers or royalty-lovers that are going overboard with 'wedding fever'..The rest of us don't give THAT much of a shit. Costing us bloody 30m+ at a time when the country's cutting shitloads of medical and educational funding..

Apparently that's the cost of 300 doctors.

Every damn thing on TV this week has been about fucking weddings. For God's sake! Yes, you're getting married, we get it! Sure, it's nice and all, congratulations to the young couple, but don't rub it in my face INCESSANTLY for a *whole damned week* and expect me to still have the energy and mindset to be enthusiastic on the day. I have more to bloody worry about.

I think the media's deliberately trying to hype it up by exaggerating the excitement in order to try pick up the economy, which is going to shit.

Prior to today, everyone was going on about street parties and mass celebrations - No. It's not happening. In my city, I heard that *no-one* applied for a street-party, and in the wider area around here, I think there were 3-5 planned street-parties in the more rural areas.

I know what you mean, even in Danish TV every thing week has been about wedding. :angry:
We also have a royal family which cost taxpayers a lot of money - each year. Our royal family gets about 11,9 million pounds in granted annuities in 2011.
I know that they are out of the money have to pay salaries to their employees and pay for maintenance of their castles - but it's still a lot of money.
Last edit: 13 years 15 minutes ago by Madam_Mim.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds