Show Navigation Menu

What's in the news?

More
13 years 3 months ago #29766 by black_magnolia
*face-palm* I'd say this is another case of a judge being too lazy to listen to common sense and just taking the easy way out rather then penning down a explanation why he's rejecting such a case...
At least the media has something to report. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31284 by black_magnolia
Has anyone been keeping tabs on the situation in Libya? I'm pretty appealed and worried how things are developing there.
Been listening to the Croatian and German news reports. On the German news they even once said that the situation in Libya has potential to become like the war in former Yugoslavia. Hell, I hope not! :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31291 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What's in the news?
Ah..No, not here I'm afraid. Our news has been dominated by reports about the NZ earthquakes.

The only two people I know in NZ happen to live in Christchurch as well - But luckily both of them are absolutely fine. :huh:

More
13 years 2 months ago #31299 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Ah..No, not here I'm afraid. Our news has been dominated by reports about the NZ earthquakes.

The only two people I know in NZ happen to live in Christchurch as well - But luckily both of them are absolutely fine. :huh:

Our news are also covering the NZ earthquake, but it's a bit more about Libya becasue currently our government is busy evacuating 150 of our people there. They already managed to evacuate 190. I'm pretty annoyed how they let themselves be so late with the evacuation because they were asked to do it already a week ago.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31303 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re: What's in the news?
black_magnolia wrote:

Has anyone been keeping tabs on the situation in Libya? I'm pretty appealed and worried how things are developing there.
Been listening to the Croatian and German news reports. On the German news they even once said that the situation in Libya has potential to become like the war in former Yugoslavia. Hell, I hope not! :(

Yes, situation there is quite in a mess.My brother was supposed to go on a school trip in Tunis, but they had to cancel because of the riots there. Whole north Africa is in a mess :pinch: :(

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31356 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: What's in the news?
I've only caught very little about Libya. Most of our news lately is very local, many people protesting in my states capital over some major changes to important laws. Main headache is the under-handed ways one political party is using to get their way, while members of the other party flee the state. Why can't things just be left alone and everyone get along??

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds