Show Navigation Menu

Easter

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17857 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Easter
I am so sorry now that I have a lot of work to do on easter, I don't even know if my greeting card will be finished and work just keeps pouring in :( We don't really celebrate it but you would like to get some rest on every holiday I guess :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17859 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Easter
We get a two-week Easter holiday..But that doesn't mean we celebrate Easter. :P Sometimes I get given chocolate Easter eggs from friends..But really, that's just for the sake of chocolate I think. Few of them actually go to church etc. and they know I don't celebrate Easter.

Oh, and - What are 'Peeps'? :blink:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #17867 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Easter
Envy wrote:

Peeps are marshmallow candies, sold in the US and Canada, that are shaped into chicks, bunnies, and other animals. There are also different shapes used for various holidays. Peeps are used primarily to fill Easter baskets. They are made from marshmallow, sugar, gelatin, and carnauba wax.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17868 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Easter
I typically don't celebrate Easter though, generally we will go to a big supper with my husband's family. This year however, I'm the only one working in my department from Friday through to the end of Monday so I doubt I'll have the energy to go do anything . . .

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17869 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Easter
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Peeps are marshmallow candies, sold in the US and Canada, that are shaped into chicks, bunnies, and other animals. There are also different shapes used for various holidays. Peeps are used primarily to fill Easter baskets. They are made from marshmallow, sugar, gelatin, and carnauba wax.

Oh wow..Over here, people generally fill Easter baskets with mini chocolate eggs or chocolate cakes with mini-eggs on top..Or just plain large chocolate eggs/rabbits.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17882 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Easter
I recognize it for its religious meaning and not what typical consumerism has deemed it to be...

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds