Show Navigation Menu

Easter

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17897 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Easter
We put chocolate bunnies in easter baskets too. And chocolate eggs, and jelly beans. Peeps are cute, though. you either love them or hate them. I like them. If you like sugar-covered marshmallows, you would love them.

The kids were supposed to have off school here starting this past Wednesday, and going through next Tuesday, but they lost all but Friday and Monday off due to using too many snow days this winter. :(

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17906 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Easter
I've always wanted a snow day...but I guess even in winter Australia is still way to warm...the coldest it gets to around my area is 0 degrees (celcius)...I think that's like 30 degrees farenheight or something. I hate the cold though...XP

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17912 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Easter
scootiebee wrote:

We put chocolate bunnies in easter baskets too. And chocolate eggs, and jelly beans. Peeps are cute, though. you either love them or hate them. I like them. If you like sugar-covered marshmallows, you would love them.

The kids were supposed to have off school here starting this past Wednesday, and going through next Tuesday, but they lost all but Friday and Monday off due to using too many snow days this winter. :(

:P Aah admittedly, the US has the best jelly beans..

I'm just relieved that I have these two weeks off to get my revision sorted out. 7-8 weeks until my big exams for this year!

It's not much time at all..And I need a definate 80%+ of the marks in these exams otherwise I'll have to retake some.. :S

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17929 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Easter
I prefer christmas to easter holidaywise, but easter is at a nicer time of year weatherwise, so i like the fact it reminds me that spring is here, and summer isn't too far away.
For easter i usually just hang out with my family, eat lots of chocolate in the morning and have a proper roast dinner in the afternoon.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17937 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Easter
I'm not a Christian, so Easter doesn't mean anything to me from a religious point of view. I used to decorate eggs when I was a kid, and got chocolates from the Easter Bunny until I was old enough not to believe in him anymore. We always got Friday and Monday off from school as well.

Now I get Friday off from work, but Monday is business as usual. Some places, mostly government, are off on Monday as well, but private businesses are open. And of course I love the chocolate aspect of the holiday! I'll probably go out tomorrow or Sunday (drugstores will be open then) and stock up, since it should be on for half-price or so then. No peeps though... scootiebee is right, you either love 'em or hate 'em... count me in the second group. I'm not terribly fond of jelly beans either, so I pretty much stick to the chocolates.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #17945 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Easter
We used to have a lot more going on here, but now it's nothing really. I do like it tho, but more because I like spring, and it's just wonderful this time... a bit cold, still a bit of snow, and today I was awaken by the rain.

There's a little branch with small, cuddly white things, which I have no idea what it's real name is, so can't translate it. But I like those, and mostly therefore I like to celebrate easter, because then they're everywhere. And I do like the candy... we usually don't get any chocolate, but paper-eggs with a lot of loose candy in them or alike.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds