Show Navigation Menu

Weddings.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17538 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Weddings.
As for my engagement ring, I didn't even get one until we had been married for several years. The engagement ring I have now isn't even that original. I accidentally threw the original away years ago, and the insurance replaced it for me, conveniently enough with a higher quality diamond. I will never be that careless again!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17565 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Weddings.
scootiebee wrote:

As for my engagement ring, I didn't even get one until we had been married for several years. The engagement ring I have now isn't even that original. I accidentally threw the original away years ago, and the insurance replaced it for me, conveniently enough with a higher quality diamond. I will never be that careless again!

:ohmy: How did you accidentally throw it away?

My parents had a pretty simple wedding. I'm torn about ideas for any future ones of mine. I just know I want it to be something special and unusual..But not really expensive either.

..I'd probably give it a theme and require everyone attending to dress up.

An advert for Smirnoff comes to mind.

It just adds to the whole 'magical/unforgettable' aspect if you get everyone to dress up. :P In my mind, anyway.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17569 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Weddings.
I'm not surprised scootiebee lost her engagement ring, such things can happen. My parents don't even wear their wedding bands and mum also never had an engagement ring. I think they don't even know where their bands are...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17575 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Weddings.
If I could choose, I would never get married. Or have kids, but that's another story.

I just don't like the idea. I love my boy and have been faitful to him for these 2 years, but I don't want to think that it'll last forever. I just never liked the thought of being with one guy for the rest of my life... never understood the fun with it, so to say.

I live for now, with enough planning to make it, and not in the future. I don't know what will happen, either to me or my thoughts, and I don't want to know. I'll get there in time.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 1 month ago #17578 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Weddings.
I'm with Corpse. Don't want to get married. AND DEFINATELY don't want kids. Heck, I don't even believe in love, so how could I get married?

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17594 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Weddings.
After swearing up and down for years that I never would get married, I did nearly three years ago. It wasn't much of a leap though. We'd been together for seven years before we went and got a piece of paper. Everything was just the same afterwards except that we got to have a big party! I booked one of the ballrooms at the hotel I work at (I have a huge family that I`m very close to so we had to rent a space to fit us all in!), we had a marriage commisioner do the ceremony right in there and moved straight into the reception. It went really well and was a ton of fun!

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds