Show Navigation Menu

Weddings.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17604 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Weddings.
Envy, I accidentally threw it away through a series of stupid mistakes. I was crocheting a lot, and had a bag of yarn scraps to throw away by the side of my bed. When I crochet, I usually take off my rings, since they tend to get tangled in the yarn while I am working. The rings were on my nightstand. My large dog came in, and I don't remember what exactly he did, but it knocked a bunch of things off the nightstand. I crawled around on the floor picking up rings, and thought I had them all (I didn't bother to turn the overhead lights on, since I had the correct number of rings in hand). Turns out, the ring I found and thought was my engagement ring was a cheapo ring that my kid bought be as a christmas present, which I think she paid $5 for. So since I thought I had found them all, I didn't think any more about it, until two days later, a day after the bag of yarn scraps was thrown out. Oops. The ring must have fallen into the yarn bag. Never saw it again.

Moral of this story: ALWAYS buy the insurance rider for jewelry that costs enough to require an appraisal. Any of my jewelry that costs more than a few hundred bucks is on that policy. They were great about replacing it, and I have never done anything that stupid again.

And congrats to the people who have decided they don't want to get married, at least not for now. I got married very young, and it was the worst mistake I ever made. Don't make that kind of choice until you are 100% sure it is for life.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17634 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Weddings.
I want a party with some friends and parents instead of a traditional wedding, me and my honey have been talking about it for quite some time now and decided that it will be like that in a few years when we need the paper, otherwise maybe we even wouldn't, we live together as it is and it is great :)
I didn't want to get married and was opposing the whole idea until quite recently so I understand why someone wouldn't want to and I support it, when you feel like it do it, otherwise don't.
Also Envy has intreagued me with her proposition of the dress up idea I like it but I doubt my friends will :( so I can't like force em to do it :P

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 month ago #17642 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Weddings.
millkins wrote:

Also Envy has intreagued me with her proposition of the dress up idea I like it but I doubt my friends will :( so I can't like force em to do it :P

Hah, well, I know my boyfriend might go a bit shy if there were tons of people, as would I. If I made it a requirement to dress up, only those who REALLY REALLY want to see will come along, and that would keep the numbers down to a few loyal people. :P

I never saw marriage as a huge step..I don't know why..But yet again, I guess I heavily rely on someone else to keep me sane, even if I hate 'relying' on others. I used to have such a bad habit of isolating myself off from other people and it didn't do me very well mentally. I'm not a clingy person..I just need someone I can trust to talk to about things that are on my mind - Which is probably why I wouldn't mind marriage.

I'd be more worried about the other person chickening out.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds