Show Navigation Menu

The weight?

More
14 years 1 month ago #18113 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The weight?
Hmm. This thread reminds me of something my English literature teacher said on our first day under his tuition. He said he used to smoke, and then he quit, but after he quit he found that he gained loads of weight. He decided to take up smoking again just to keep his weight down. :pinch: I swear teachers aren't meant to say things like that, but he is a pretty buddy-buddy type of teacher..If you get what I mean.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18117 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The weight?
scootiebee wrote:

I am a healthy weight for my height, and that is all that matters to me. For those who saw me on TV the other day, do I look okay? Overweight? Let me know. And remember that TV adds 10 lbs! ;)

I thought you looked great, no need to change a thing! And you have the right attitude... the number on the scale doesn't matter, being healthy is the important thing.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18134 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The weight?
Personally, since my back surgery last year I have grown and because of that I feel bad. Note that, because of that, I do not sport (and I miss it)

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18144 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The weight?
I quit smoking for about 7 months last year, and gained 20 lbs. When I started smoking again, I lost 20 lbs again. Huh. Guess that's true. But I smoke to keep myself off antipsychotic meds, not for weight loss, but if it works for weight control, that's fine too. But I figure as long as I can run one mile in under 8 minutes, I am not too bad out of shape. And If I can still lift my husband like a doll, I am still okay (he is almost twice my size, and I can lift him up and carry him around). So fit I am, but not light. I guess a lot of my weight is muscle, since I am a U.S. size 6, but still about 155 lbs. I am relatively tall, but I have muscular arms and legs. To the point that I have to make sure to try on blouses and jackets before I buy them, because I might not be able to bend my arms in them! I have actually had to return shirts to the store because the sleeves were too tight on my biceps!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18148 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:The weight?
There has actually been studies done that smoking is not a weight control method in reality. When people stop smoking they tend to pick up other habits to fill the void, often times replacing cigarettes with food. Hence the change in weight for many people who stop smoking. I haven't done this myself but a couple of my friends who have stopped smoking have noticably increased their consumption of snack foods. But, that's just my observation.

As far as weight in and of itself goes, the way I look at it is that there is a difference between being skinny and being healthy. I found that once I realized this, I became a lot happier with myself and concentrate more on staying fit rather then right away trying to shed the couple pounds that snuck up on me during Christmas and firmly attached themselves to my butt. (those pounds are evil little beasties!) It may not work for everybody but it works for me . . .

More
14 years 1 month ago #18182 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The weight?
Mm weight is a touchy subject for me. I was supposedly anorexic for a period of time, which led to me getting ill amongst other things.

No matter what I do, I can't change what I see and how I feel about myself. My mother tells me I have selective hearing when I go to the doctor's, and at times, that scares me, because I seriously did not recall my doctor saying anything about me needing to eat when my mother stated she had told me to change my habits immediately..Apparently..And because it's my mother saying it, I have doubts as to whether my doctor said anything about eating at all.

I've decided whatever happens, happens.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds