Show Navigation Menu

sanctuary...

More
14 years 8 months ago #1622 by morphea3107
sanctuary... was created by morphea3107
i thought that this time i'd open a topic based on \"what do u find comfort in?\"... when the sun rises and the day begins , we are drowned in stress and anxiety ...where do we find comfort ?..what is our own sanctuary ...our own place where we can discover ourselves and leave all things behind?...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1641 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:sanctuary...
It's the beach, for me. It's about the only place where I can really clear my mind of all the chatter (thinking about work, the house, day-to-day crap, etc.) Whether I'm sad, stressed out, mad at my husband, or just need to get away, the ocean seems to soothe my jagged soul. There's one spot in particular that I love... I don't swim, I just stand mesmerized, and watch the waves crashing, or gently lapping, on the rocks depending on the mood of the ocean that day.

I was there once this summer, and had the place all to myself. There were no cars in the lot when I arrived, and the visibility was about 100 feet or so in the fog. I really felt like I was the only person on earth, and it was a good feeling. I thought I had been there for maybe an hour (never wear my watch there), when all of a sudden, I felt strongly that I needed to leave. By the time I got back to my truck, the sun was coming out and burning away the fog, several cars were just arriving, and I looked at the clock and realized I had been there nearly 3 hours, not 1. It was as though something was telling me to go, before the perfection of solitude was spoiled.

I also like to sit on my deck and watch the sunset, and the stars come out, but the beach is really my sanctuary.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1643 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:sanctuary...
i have yet to find a sanctuary since i've moved to florida but before, my sanctuary used to be in the back road area behind our town. there was a big hill about two miles behind our town with no lights or anything around it. i would go running as a way to relieve stress and just keep running until i couldn't anymore. most of the time i ended up there and i would go to the top of that hill and stare out over the town. no one would ever be out there so i was always alone. very good topic morphea.;)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #1645 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:sanctuary...
For me it's my study. Most people take one look and think no one could relax in there. It's all cluttered and crowded. But I look around to see treasured memories of good moments past. I feel at home and at ease. Unfortunately, I don't spend nearly enough time in there.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1661 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:sanctuary...
Its all in my mind. My dreams and my thoughts. All that I want to be, my stories, my creatures, all that which I dream of.

I'm never really stressed or alike, but anything I need to get out, I always do it inside my mind. Talking, trowing things, holding a speach about something to someone, discuss something witha group or explain why I'm me and why I like to be me and nothing else and so on...

I can't dream like I used to tho. I got friends, a life, reasons to live in this world, to care about reality as well. So I can't get lost as I used to... but talk, that I always can do. I say I never get angry, because everytime I'm close to it, I get it all out inside my mind, maybe throw a few things inside there, yell a bit, explain a bit, but if you'd see me you wouldn't notice anything. I would just be there, staring maybe, or maybe get ready for bed, and nothing to say what's happening inside.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #1667 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:sanctuary...
My sanctuary is: A tree.

T.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds