Show Navigation Menu

worst fears

More
14 years 2 months ago #15454 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:worst fears
I have had something similar to braces, I could get them off whenever I wanted, but they didn't last long, I broke two of them and after that my teeth just returned where they were, the hardheaded they are, like me :P :P

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15465 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:worst fears
Now they have the Invisalign braces that are sort of like a removable plastic tray that they mold to your teeth and slowly adjust your teeth over time. You can't really tell you are wearing them from a distance, and I had something similar after my regular braces came off. They gradually change them out and each one is molded a little differently so your teeth move a little more each time they are changed out for the next. That might be worth a try if you don't want the metal grin look. It costs more than regular braces, but with NHS covering some of it, maybe it wouldn't be bad. We have dental insurance (which is sort of rare in the U.S.) and it will cover most of the cost of her braces, but it will still cost a few thousand dollars. Not looking forward to it, but she is 9, almost 10, and will need them sooner than later.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15469 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:worst fears
yeah that is what I had, but, they are much less expensive than regular braces here...and our social covers it up...buuut as I said...they broke, twice....sooo I guess if we paid for them they maybe wouldn't :D it is too late now, and I kind of don't care anymore because it is not too noticeable :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #15471 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:worst fears
scootiebee wrote:

Now they have the Invisalign braces that are sort of like a removable plastic tray that they mold to your teeth and slowly adjust your teeth over time. You can't really tell you are wearing them from a distance, and I had something similar after my regular braces came off. They gradually change them out and each one is molded a little differently so your teeth move a little more each time they are changed out for the next. That might be worth a try if you don't want the metal grin look. It costs more than regular braces, but with NHS covering some of it, maybe it wouldn't be bad. We have dental insurance (which is sort of rare in the U.S.) and it will cover most of the cost of her braces, but it will still cost a few thousand dollars. Not looking forward to it, but she is 9, almost 10, and will need them sooner than later.

Mm in ways I still wish I had taken up the offer of having braces, but it feels a bit late now as I'll be in university within two years..And I think braces like that would count as 'cosmetic treatment' therefore the NHS might not pay.

..Really want my teeth filed a tiny bit, one day..And that would probably require that I have perfectly straight teeth first.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15486 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:worst fears
I was lucky enough to never need braces, although one of my eyeteeth is very slightly crooked. But not enough that I care to do anything about it. I've had lots of fillings though, even in some of my baby teeth, which is the thing that really terrifies me. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once, which wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. I was knocked out for that of course... wish they'd do that for fillings too!

More
14 years 2 months ago #15506 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:worst fears
Morgana wrote:

I was lucky enough to never need braces, although one of my eyeteeth is very slightly crooked. But not enough that I care to do anything about it. I've had lots of fillings though, even in some of my baby teeth, which is the thing that really terrifies me. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once, which wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be. I was knocked out for that of course... wish they'd do that for fillings too!

Hrmm..I had a tooth pulled out, but the dentist pulled it before the anaesthetic had set in properly, so I felt the majority of it. Was horrible. After that, my teeth straightened out themselves. Never had fillings etc.

What are 'eyeteeth'? I've never heard the term before.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds