Show Navigation Menu

worst fears

More
14 years 2 months ago #15157 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:worst fears
It isn't a matter of quitting my fear, but if I can't even admit it out loud, I will never be able to face it. I just like knowing what the problem is. Something that I can think about and talk about will be a lot easier to face (not necessarily to conquer, but just to deal with) than something I can't even put into words or coherent thoughts. it is the different between fighting against the air and fighting against balloons filled with air. You can actually see, feel, and move one around, but plain old air is impossible to observe, or to control.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15172 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:worst fears
scootiebee wrote:

It isn't a matter of quitting my fear, but if I can't even admit it out loud, I will never be able to face it. I just like knowing what the problem is. Something that I can think about and talk about will be a lot easier to face (not necessarily to conquer, but just to deal with) than something I can't even put into words or coherent thoughts. it is the different between fighting against the air and fighting against balloons filled with air. You can actually see, feel, and move one around, but plain old air is impossible to observe, or to control.

Aah I understand now. That was a pretty good explanation. :)

It does remind me, however, that I used to have a fear of balloons. :blink: One popped in my face in the car when I was little because it overheated.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15203 by Kyle87
Replied by Kyle87 on topic Re:worst fears
fear...um fuuny enough talking about this last night...we established that im not really scared of much...doesn't mean im brave, can be brave without fear..a am scared of losing loved ones.. used to be scared of my parents dying, but once you learn that they're gonna die before you no matter what (unless you go in a crash or something unnatural) so i learn to live with it not fear it. but talking last night i stayed awake for a good hour atleast (long time for me) cos kim asked would i be scared of losing her, i sed no...at the time...u can easily finish of the rest of this post.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15226 by Kha
Replied by Kha on topic Re:worst fears
Admitting the flaws in my personality and being ignorant of them. I'm not very outgoing, but I'm scared that if I did become more charismatic toward strangers, that I would end up being mean or hurtful to someone. It's not really something that I can compare to the people that I know, since I never make friends, I make family.

That and conflict between people scares me really bad. I'm very non-confrontational, and if two people start fighting near me, I'll freak out and run away; or even worse, two of my friends. For instance, some of my friends had a miscommunication because one was drunk and had been sexually harassed. She came home after having her shirt removed in just a bra and sweater, and her boyfriend thought that she had cheated. She didn't say anything right away because she thought that we (The people in the apartment) would judge her or think less of her if she did. Since she didn't say anything, they started shouting for a little while and I ended up curled up in a ball under my flight jacket on the loveseat with Infected Mushroom blaring through my headphones so I couldn't hear anything.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15233 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:worst fears
Kyle87 wrote:

fear...um fuuny enough talking about this last night...we established that im not really scared of much...doesn't mean im brave, can be brave without fear..a am scared of losing loved ones.. used to be scared of my parents dying, but once you learn that they're gonna die before you no matter what (unless you go in a crash or something unnatural) so i learn to live with it not fear it. but talking last night i stayed awake for a good hour atleast (long time for me) cos kim asked would i be scared of losing her, i sed no...at the time...u can easily finish of the rest of this post.

I used to fear losing my parents, and then my dad died. I still have my mom, but I don't fear losing my mom as much as I fear for my daughter. Once you have kids, they become everything in your life. I fear for her more than I fear for myself.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15304 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:worst fears
I don't really fear being alone, not anymore, as I've been alone and know I 'can' handle it. It wont break me down, just for a different aspect of me. But then again, I fear I've forgotten how it really was like...

One of the worst things was when I first got my boy, and he had to go home. I cried to him over the phone during the weeks he wasn't with me, because I now knew how it was to be close to someone, to have someone to hug, to have someone to talk to about all those little things in life. But I was still alone.

But the fear that I can still feel is that of heights, and I know I'm more afraid then the usual person. Got scared watching Avatar, and I haven't seen it in 3D...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds