Show Navigation Menu

Comic Relief

More
13 years 1 month ago #31459 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Comic Relief
Do you guys have 'Comic Relief/Red Nose Day' where you are too?

Ours is on the 18th March..We're meant to wear something red or go to college in fancy dress for the day. >.< Bah..No fancy dress/red and you have to pay extra to do things during the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31473 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Comic Relief
Envy wrote:

Do you guys have 'Comic Relief/Red Nose Day' where you are too?

Ours is on the 18th March..We're meant to wear something red or go to college in fancy dress for the day. >.< Bah..No fancy dress/red and you have to pay extra to do things during the day.

We don't have it in Croatia, but I usually follow it on the German television. :silly:
Although, I don't know when is the German Red Nose Day this year. :huh:

Seems pointless to me to force people to dress especially for the day when it's a charity thing and in my opinion, shouldn't be forced upon someone...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31478 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Seems pointless to me to force people to dress especially for the day when it's a charity thing and in my opinion, shouldn't be forced upon someone...

Yeah, that's how I feel..

Everyone has to attend this fair thing sometime on the 18th during the day and you have to pay extra to enter without fancy dress.

I own *nothing* that's really red. And like hell will I dress up..If it was for something else I would've (I love dress up), but not for college. That's just too weird.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31497 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Comic Relief
We had a uniform at my school. However, one day a year, we were allowed to wear normal clothes if we brought a non-perishable food item for charity. I thought that was a pretty cool idea but forcing people to wear something red/dress up isn't fair at all. I'd just be absent that day.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
13 years 1 month ago #31511 by Envy
firensia wrote:

We had a uniform at my school. However, one day a year, we were allowed to wear normal clothes if we brought a non-perishable food item for charity. I thought that was a pretty cool idea but forcing people to wear something red/dress up isn't fair at all. I'd just be absent that day.

What kind of food items would be non-perishable? :blink:

Hmm..I can't be absent because I have one lesson for each of my subjects on Friday - I can't really afford to miss that. :( My attendance is atrocious this year anyway - Below 70% because I took so much time off to visit universities and just to teach myself at home and make up for the incompetencies of my teachers prior to the January exams.

We used to have a rule like that whilst in high school and primary school as we had uniform then - But in my college it's now fully non-uniform. >.< Argh..What to wear..

More
13 years 1 month ago #31514 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: Comic Relief
Tinned/Dried foods are seen as non-perishable as long as the packaging is kept in good condition.

So dented tins means you have to be wary etc...

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds