Show Navigation Menu

Valentine's Day

More
13 years 2 months ago #30744 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Morgana wrote:

I've never paid much attention to Valentine's Day, other than stocking up on half-price chocolate on the day after the \"holiday\".

Half-price chocolate?! I don't even think we have that here. :P Especially not in this economic climate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30745 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I've never paid much attention to Valentine's Day, other than stocking up on half-price chocolate on the day after the \"holiday\".

Half-price chocolate?! I don't even think we have that here. :P Especially not in this economic climate.

:ohmy: I never noticed that here! Damn! I really could use that for stocking up on chocolates for those studying-induced-sugar-frenzies. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30751 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:The weekend!
maybe I'll make a cake!:)
and is my name-day!:)

More
13 years 2 months ago #30884 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Valentine's Day
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

:ohmy: I never noticed that here! Damn! I really could use that for stocking up on chocolates for those studying-induced-sugar-frenzies. :silly:

I find that most of the drug stores and grocery stores around here have chocolate on sale after any of the holidays. They don't usually have a lot of it, and you do have to get there within a day or so to nab anything. But they all seem to be clearing out the chocolates of one holiday, to make room for those of the next one coming up.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30888 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Morgana wrote:

I find that most of the drug stores and grocery stores around here have chocolate on sale after any of the holidays. They don't usually have a lot of it, and you do have to get there within a day or so to nab anything. But they all seem to be clearing out the chocolates of one holiday, to make room for those of the next one coming up.

Lucky you! Here chocolates are almost never on sale. :(

And to stay somewhat on topic here... Ummm... First time in my life today someone wished me a happy Valentine's day. :huh: wasn't really expecting it, especially not so... well, I think my response wasn't really that appropriate becasue I just managed to say thank you and I tried to change the topic.. :blush: :( ummm... *goes away and hides*

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30889 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Valentine's Day
Hm. I was surprised at how many people had done something for Valentine's Day. Lots of teachers received mysterious boxes of chocolates and flowers on their desks, and lots of girls I know bought their boyfriends things..Although I couldn't see any visible sign of their boyfriends returning the gift giving. :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds