Show Navigation Menu

Winter Olympic games

More
14 years 3 months ago #14741 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Oh yes My Love, curling! CURLING!!! :laugh: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14750 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Curling is oddly mesmerizing. I do enjoy watching it. Very zen.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14804 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
It's not really zen when you're playing it! I used to play in highschool and it took an immense amount of concentration to throw a rock right. You have to throw the right weight, get perfect aim and get just the right amount of curl on it. Then, if there's something on the ice that the sweepers missed it's all for naught. Very frustrating but still a lot of fun! :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #14811 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
cemwerewolf wrote:

It's not really zen when you're playing it! I used to play in highschool and it took an immense amount of concentration to throw a rock right. You have to throw the right weight, get perfect aim and get just the right amount of curl on it. Then, if there's something on the ice that the sweepers missed it's all for naught. Very frustrating but still a lot of fun! :)

We never had that opportunity..I think I would've had fun doing that, but we did do 'shotput' which was where you threw a 1kg cannonball-type-thing as far as possible..Haha. That scared the life out of me. My first try, I threw it directly upwards somehow.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14830 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Envy wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

We never had that opportunity..I think I would've had fun doing that, but we did do 'shotput' which was where you threw a 1kg cannonball-type-thing as far as possible..Haha. That scared the life out of me. My first try, I threw it directly upwards somehow.

Shotput, huh? If we'd had that option, I might not have skipped every single gym class... I can think of a few people who would have \"accidently\" gotten hit! But then again, that's probably why it wasn't offered...

More
14 years 3 months ago #14856 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Ooh, we did shotput too, and discus, where you throw a 1 kg disk after spinning around twice with it. But these are both summer olympics events (track and field). We also did high jump, long jump, and most of the other field events. They never let us throw javelin, though. Probably someone would have been speared if we had. Smart school!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds