Show Navigation Menu

Winter Olympic games

More
14 years 3 months ago #14676 by Morgana
Winter Olympic games was created by Morgana
The winter Olympics are starting in Vancouver this week, and of course the media in Canada are going crazy over it already. Since we have such an international community here, I thought I'd ask if anyone else is following the games?

Personally, I'm just really glad I don't live in Vancouver anymore. Commuting was pretty bad 10 years ago, so I can only imagine how horrible it's going to be now, for anyone who lives there and is trying to get on with their day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14695 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
I can't wait to see the Olympics. I love Olympic hockey. And speedskating, and bobsled, and skeleton, and skiing, etc. I am also glad I don't live anywhere near the olympics! I used to live down the street from a USGA golf tournament, and we had people parked all over our lawn for a week, and making a 10 minute drive take hours. I can't imagine it for more than 2 weeks. We used to go out of town on the TPC Avenel weekend.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14705 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Oh yes great! We're going to see curling ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14711 by black_magnolia
With the lack of time these days and the fact that I spend almost all my day in the library, I'm sure I won't be able to watch any Olympics...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14719 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
Haven't heard anything about it over here in the UK, but it might just be me not keeping up to date with sports stuff. I'm not a sports fan really.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14734 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Winter Olympic games
scootiebee, I don't blame you for leaving town in those circumstances! I'd be out there swinging a bat, to get people off my lawn.

I know people in Vancouver who are leaving town, just to avoid it all. The \"official\" word from transit is that commutes could take an extra 3 or 4 hours... the reality will probably be much worse.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds