• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18354 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Awwww come on be a bit positive :D
For someone to work so hard he simply has to get into a good uni, take it from someone who has learn't how to draw in 2 months and passed the exams with a high fever and just was dumped ;)
There is nothing that can mess up your plans when you set your mind for it :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18355 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
If you drive yourself to distraction, you won't be able to concentrate. Try to stop and take deep breaths, and try to clear your mind of the worries you have before you go to sleep. Write everything down that is worrying you, and make a list to look at in the morning instead of worrying in your sleep. It can't hurt!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18382 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Times like this I feel my mind is a bit screwed up. If I try to relax, I get a guilty feeling because I'm not doing work that needs to be done, so it ends up inevitably on my mind.

Didn't dream last night, but I didn't really sleep much either. Got up feeling very weak and achey. Just had to laugh at myself for struggling to turn on the taps in the bathroom.

I had an idea to wait until I had a really lengthy, strange dream and maybe write it up, change a few things, make a book out of it..But dreams have a habit of being lots of things you've thought about being strung together, so I'd fear accidentally 'copying' someone else's idea if I attempted it. Sometimes when you compose and you make something that sounds nice, you end up realising that kind of thing - That what you've composed already exists.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18386 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Times like this I feel my mind is a bit screwed up. If I try to relax, I get a guilty feeling because I'm not doing work that needs to be done, so it ends up inevitably on my mind.

Didn't dream last night, but I didn't really sleep much either. Got up feeling very weak and achey. Just had to laugh at myself for struggling to turn on the taps in the bathroom.

I had an idea to wait until I had a really lengthy, strange dream and maybe write it up, change a few things, make a book out of it..But dreams have a habit of being lots of things you've thought about being strung together, so I'd fear accidentally 'copying' someone else's idea if I attempted it. Sometimes when you compose and you make something that sounds nice, you end up realising that kind of thing - That what you've composed already exists.

I feel quite the same when I'm not able to do work I know I have to, but it's just a thing with your priorities. I'm at a point in my life where some things just don't matter anymore like they did in the past... Also, it's all in your head. Napoleon Bonaparte was able to literally take a nap before he went into battle, so you just have to put it in your head that school isn't so important. You'll get some sleep and thus you will have more energy for your schoolwork.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18388 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I feel quite the same when I'm not able to do work I know I have to, but it's just a thing with your priorities. I'm at a point in my life where some things just don't matter anymore like they did in the past... Also, it's all in your head. Napoleon Bonaparte was able to literally take a nap before he went into battle, so you just have to put it in your head that school isn't so important. You'll get some sleep and thus you will have more energy for your schoolwork.

I guess I'll give it a go. It was always hard to convince myself otherwise though. Thanks. :)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18406 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Definitely try to slow down, Envy, you'll just burn out otherwise. Even if you can take 15 minutes and just sit on a park bench taking deep breaths, or maybe take a relaxing bubble bath instead of a shower. Every little bit would help.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds