Show Navigation Menu

The meaning of dreams

More
14 years 2 months ago #16269 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I don't really remember what was going on in my life when I had that \"body part sorting\" dream, as it was 10 or 12 years ago. Could have been some changes going on though, as that would definitely make sense that I was trying to sort things out.

I've had a couple of weird sleep walking incidents. When I was about 5 years old, I fell down our basement stairs... 8 feet straight down, onto the concrete floor, and I didn't even wake up. Or maybe I knocked myself out, I'm not sure, but I don't remember it at all. My mom apparently thought I was dead, when she saw me lying there.

And when I was 12, I walked out the back door and locked it behind me, in the middle of the night in November. The cold must have woken me up, because I do remember that one. Scared my mom when I started pouning on the door to be let in, because, as far as she knew, the whole family was in the house.

I still wander occassionally (I'm 36) so I don't know if I'll ever outgrow it. At least I haven't injured myself recently though...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 2 months ago #16277 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
OMG Envy you perform? Is it your first one, or are you accustomed to it? When I am in a stressful situation then I can't sleep at all I tend to wake up every 15 minutes :(

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #16369 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
millkins wrote:

OMG Envy you perform? Is it your first one, or are you accustomed to it? When I am in a stressful situation then I can't sleep at all I tend to wake up every 15 minutes :(

I do perform and this is not my first time, however, that does not mean I'm accustomed to it at all! My teacher at college is constantly trying to get me on stage to build my confidence and try to prevent me from going berserk at any mention of the word 'performance'...

I just shake so much that my piano-playing goes horrifically wrong!

I have noticed that I can never sleep the night before the first day of college or an interview etc. though.

Surprisingly..I slept very well last night. It was probably because I was so extremely tired (had a 'power nap' by accident after dinner) and that I knew I didn't have a normal college day today because of a university open day.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16383 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Your teacher might be right about helping performance anxiety by performing more. That could help you to learn to calm the anxieties with other sorts of things, like interviews for colleges. Anyway, it helped me, when I was a kid, to perform in a group, not as a soloist. I would play in a quartet, or with a group of other violinists or violists. It really helped get over the nervousness I used to feel.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 2 months ago #16422 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Well, we have performed a lot as a choir, and then as 4 soloists and then singing alone but still standing in a choir so I guess that helped. It is really how you want to think about it really, if you convince yourself it is not a bid deal and it is a performance 1 of many that will come and have passed, that one mistake that you fear will be meaningless :) so just try and change your way of seeing it and you should be less anxious. And I agree with scootiebee, your teacher has a point :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #16429 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
No matter how much I perform, I can never get rid of this horrific anxiety and adrenaline rush.. I usually think that I'll be fine in interviews and I'll feel calm about it, until the day actually comes and I completely panic outside the interview room. :S

Still very very tired. I keep randomly drifting off to sleep, haha. Not dreamt of anything in a few days, which is a relief. I end up not wanting to sleep when I have episodes of nightmares consecutively..

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds