Show Navigation Menu

The meaning of dreams

More
14 years 1 month ago #16079 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Poledra1a wrote:

lol... oh dear... well least he had the right idea!!

Thats actually a pretty good idea of your parents. My folks were more along the mindset of it hurts to fall out so you eventually learn not to. even in your sleep :p lol didnt do it too often - and its kind of a rough awakening falling out of bed, picking yourself up and getting back in! Like I said - Im unco though :)

Aah..I have a friend who's an incredibly deep sleeper. He'll sleep through pain. Once, he fell asleep and his hand kind of..Flopped out and found a resting place against a lightbulb, which subsequently burned his skin through the night. He woke up with huge, painful blisters.

He's also slept through having a picture frame fall on his head and getting a black eye through hitting it against a bedside table corner. :P It's great fun to text him whilst he's half-asleep though. He gets confused as to whether he dreamed the contents of the text or not, as he has a habit of accidentally half-reading and deleting things when he's in that state..He then gets embarassed to ask me whether I did text or not, in case the contents were just dreamt up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16080 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I have never killed anyone in a dream, but I have been pursued by killers before. When I was little I had a dream that my house was a creepy haunted house, and there was an evil person/being in there killing people. I had to escape out of the house with a bunch of little kids and we hid in the reeds by the pond in my back yard (the pond was actually there, but the house was completely different in reality). Strange, but I still remember the dream vividly, almost 30 years later.

And my husband talks in his sleep. He says really bizarre things, like once a few weeks ago he was yelling \"No, you will never defeat me!\" I have no idea what that was about. He didn't remember when he woke up.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16088 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
scootiebee wrote:

And my husband talks in his sleep. He says really bizarre things, like once a few weeks ago he was yelling \"No, you will never defeat me!\" I have no idea what that was about. He didn't remember when he woke up.

My mum complains about my dad's sleep-talking habits..He never used to sleep-talk, but for the past few years, he's started to make scared, ghostly moaning noises, the kind you get when the wind seeps through your windows and makes a whistling noise but with a human voice, whenever he's having nightmares or watched a scary movie before bed. Several times she said that she'd just hit him to wake him up because it's the only way she can get any sleep. :woohoo:

More
14 years 1 month ago #16094 by cemwerewolf
My dad used to drive a semi truck for about 25 years. Usually in winter time, mom would wake up to find my dad sound asleep with his arms straight up in the air. She'd ask him what was wrong and he'd say the truck was going off the road - basically he was driving in his dreams. Sometimes when your waking life stresses you out (such as having to drive every night through near blizzard conditions) it seeps into your subconcious and, thus, your dreams . . .

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 1 month ago #16100 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
hehehehe such stories...you gave me a good spank on the head I was a sleep talker (mumbling away with anything I come along in my sleep for hours while I was a kid) and I am a sleep laugher...I dunno how but sometimes I wake up laughing (more often than crying) and my roommate was really creped out a few times, says it is not my laughter...I used to make fun of her because of her fear and then she got over it realizing I was probably killing a bug in my sleep :D I say I do a lot of crazy stuff while asleep but your guys beat me :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 month ago #16101 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
lol... sounds like good stress relief to be laughing in your sleep to me :)

Embarrassingly enough, when i was really little I used to sleep walk - Id go to the bathroom and leave my PJ bottoms there... Mum ended up buying me onesies until I was about eight... lol.. terrible - I SO hate those things!!

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds