Show Navigation Menu

The meaning of dreams

More
14 years 1 month ago #16050 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I've never killed anyone in a dream, at least not that I remember, but it's definitely possible. I often wake up feeling very unsettled, and that's when I know I've had a weird dream that I just don't remember.

I dreamed once that I was in an old house, arranging body parts on a bed. I don't know who they were, but there must have been 5 or 6 people at least, to account for all the parts. I was very familiar with the house in the dream, since I spent a lot of time there as a child. I only have happy memories of the place, nothing bad at all, so I really don't know where that one came from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16071 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
That sounds pretty symbolic Morgana. Could have something to do with sorting out/ rearranging yourself (thoughts/ feelings) or your life. Did you have any big choices to make around that time? or any major changes in your life?

I have very few dreams which I can remember more than a week or two later; but I used to have a recurring dream which started when I was about six or seven of trying to hold these extremely large (like house size) shapes - cubes and pyramids etc - in my cupped hands. it was the fact that they were weighless and some feeling of terror at not being able to hold them as well as this feeling like i had done this against some sort of rules. Thats the entire dream - no idea how long it goes for - just trying to hold these shapes and i'd wake up feeling like I'd had a night terror. I'd have them two or three times a year, though its been about a year or so since I've had one now.

Which is good - cause I have enough trouble sleeping as it is lol.. :P

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #16072 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Mm a friend of mine has a little brother who has night terrors..And he sleeps on the top bunk so he seriously injures himself quite often.

Many times, whilst being asleep, he's leapt right over the bunk, fallen onto the floor and ran off screaming. He's also been caught attempting to make gravy whilst asleep and woke their whole household up by screaming \"COBRAS!!\" for hours (whilst still asleep).

I've never sleepwalked or properly sleeptalked so..I feel a little sorry for him. He's not that 'little'..15 years old.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Envy.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16074 by Poledra1a
Bunk beds are not such a hot idea if you're a bad sleeper. I had one when I was a kid and fell out of it a few times - even with the safety rail. But then Im unco :)

Hopefully your friends little brother will grow out of it... bad enough one person has to endure nightmares let alone adding the dangers of sleep walking/ sleep gravy making to the mix. 15's a bit old to still be doing that though. might be one of the few that carry sleep walking into their adulthood.

Im actually impressed that a 15 year old male can make gravy - sleeping or not!! My nephew is 14 and if it doesnt come pre-cooked by my Mum or out of a can he doesnt go near it!

More
14 years 1 month ago #16075 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Poledra1a wrote:

Bunk beds are not such a hot idea if you're a bad sleeper. I had one when I was a kid and fell out of it a few times - even with the safety rail. But then Im unco :)

Hopefully your friends little brother will grow out of it... bad enough one person has to endure nightmares let alone adding the dangers of sleep walking/ sleep gravy making to the mix. 15's a bit old to still be doing that though. might be one of the few that carry sleep walking into their adulthood.

Im actually impressed that a 15 year old male can make gravy - sleeping or not!! My nephew is 14 and if it doesnt come pre-cooked by my Mum or out of a can he doesnt go near it!

It was awful gravy apparently. :P He was trying to mix gravy granules with cold water.

I've always loathed top-bunk..But my brother had a habit of falling out of bed, so my parents always ensured he had the lower bunk plus chairs pushed against the side of the bed so he'd just roll onto them instead.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16076 by Poledra1a
lol... oh dear... well least he had the right idea!!

Thats actually a pretty good idea of your parents. My folks were more along the mindset of it hurts to fall out so you eventually learn not to. even in your sleep :p lol didnt do it too often - and its kind of a rough awakening falling out of bed, picking yourself up and getting back in! Like I said - Im unco though :)

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds