• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 2 months ago #15964 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Hormones are a weird little pickle so it wouldn't surprise me if you were right in so many ways :D I know how different I can be....it's not fair to my dearie :P

And I read somewhere that people can die of fear in their sleep (heart attack) so I guess that is what they meant by dream you are dead and wake up dead (maybe, not sure).

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15968 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Morgana wrote:

Envy wrote:

Kyle87 wrote:

Studies have shown that males subconsciously find women who are ovulating more attractive even though there are no visible signs. It's just one of those things.

Off topic here for a minute... I read somewhere that women tend to wear more revealing clothes when ovulating. The study said it wasn't a conscious choice, but that you'd just tend to grab a lower cut top, shorter skirt, etc., out of your closet at that time.

Ahh but the study I'm referring to was done in a strip-joint, so all of the women were wearing the same stuff basically.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15995 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I had a series of weird dreams last night. First, about an hour after I went to bed, I had a dream that I couldn't move. I was bound up like a mummy. Turns out the cat was sleeping on my legs. :P

Later on, I woke up because I dreamed my alarm went off and my day was starting. Nope. How awful. My dreams are getting too literal for me.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16005 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Ive always heard that you do not die in your dreams because it can shock your mind so much it can kill you. It was always more in reference to having a physical accident ie falling off a building you wake up just before you hit the ground... Ive read articles on people dying in their sleep - having a heart attack and never waking up.

I'd be curious to know, especially Kyle87, if you actually remember the exact point at which you died - or whether you woke or went to another segment of dream?

I read somewhere dreaming of a gentle death can be related to thoughts of release and calm, but I myself have not had such a dream. when i have dreamed of dying its always been violent, but Ive woken up or gone to another \"stage\" of the dream before experiencing the death.

Just another question whilst Im at it; has anyone NOT dreampt of killing someone? Be it murder or accidental. It does sound terrible when you put it out there - but I thought it would just be one of THOSE things... experienced but not shared due to society being so closed minded nowadays...

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 1 month ago #16031 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
I dont recall murdering anyone in my dreams except me and that was done unintentionally, sooo I guess not. But still sharing the topic of dreams with other people is rare because it reveals their cravings in a way and they are ashamed by them...which is kind of...stupid (the shame part).

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 month ago #16035 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Poledra1a wrote:

Just another question whilst Im at it; has anyone NOT dreampt of killing someone? Be it murder or accidental. It does sound terrible when you put it out there - but I thought it would just be one of THOSE things... experienced but not shared due to society being so closed minded nowadays...

:S I've actually dreamt of killing people a fair few times before. They were strange..I might've posted one up before, but one was where I was a serial killer on the run from the police with a bag full of chopped up body parts over my shoulder..I ran into a dark room with huge freezers in..I could see police torchlights shining everywhere from behind me..

I threw all of the contents of my bag into the freezer (which was full of ice and fish and already had some body parts frozen in there) and then leapt in after them, with just my head showing on the surface so it looked like a frozen body part...I recall a policeman shining a torch downwards onto me..But he thought my head was a decapitated body part and he and the other policepeople then left.

Dreamt of suicide a fair few times too.

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds