Show Navigation Menu

The meaning of dreams

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18659 by SkieShauphen
Wow, I really like the patch with the bones inside. Very unique idea. :)

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18671 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
Thanks, I can't wait to get it. It shipped today, so I am in corseted heaven.

My psych teacher in high school had a book of dream interpretation that he used. It was the first class I had in the morning, and he used to pick a few kids at the beginning of class to interpret their dreams. It was always a little weird, sometimes kids would be laughing about it all day. Sometimes it seemed really accurate though. Just depended upon the person and the circumstances of the dreams. Sometimes the interpretation rang true, sometimes not.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18706 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
scootiebee wrote:

My psych teacher in high school had a book of dream interpretation that he used. It was the first class I had in the morning, and he used to pick a few kids at the beginning of class to interpret their dreams. It was always a little weird, sometimes kids would be laughing about it all day. Sometimes it seemed really accurate though. Just depended upon the person and the circumstances of the dreams. Sometimes the interpretation rang true, sometimes not.

My mother gets a lot of those kinds of books from my auntie..I recall just the other day, for some unknown reason, she had a huuge book of symbols out.

I also recall reading something I found quite absurd when I was younger..I read a dream interpretation book and it stated that if you dream about getting eaten by a snake or owl, you've probably been abducted by aliens.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18711 by Verminaard Draconis
Envy wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

My mother gets a lot of those kinds of books from my auntie..I recall just the other day, for some unknown reason, she had a huuge book of symbols out.

I also recall reading something I found quite absurd when I was younger..I read a dream interpretation book and it stated that if you dream about getting eaten by a snake or owl, you've probably been abducted by aliens.

Be careful! Symbolism and dreams are not the same!! But sometimes it occured that they put the meaning of dreams also!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18714 by SkieShauphen
How would one go about deciphering between symbolism and the true meanings?

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18734 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The meaning of dreams
You have to really understand yourself, contemplate and get ideas from books, but then you have to work out the true meanings on your own by finding a relevance in your own life to what you dream about and what the books say that potential meaning might be. It is just about introspection, thinking about your life, that's it.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds