Show Navigation Menu

Skin tone

More
14 years 3 months ago #14219 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Skin tone
Today natural isn't natural - it's the photoshoped models you see on tv... nothing's right there. They do so much to change those modells looks, but everyone see them as natural... there's nothing natural about it! Being ugly and lots of wrinkles is the natural shit! Being 'beautiful' has never been natural...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14222 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Skin tone
Well I know that my friend who goes for a modern \"al naturelle\" look, spends way more time putting on her makeup than I and in the end just looks burnt :blush: ...I sweared to take her blusher away :D And what corpse queen said she could be on a cover of a magazine but looks....well anything but natural.
Anyway I wear my eyeshadow (almost always some darker color) and lip-gloss, am very pale and like it (when I am on the sun little specks come on my cheeks) :side:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #14231 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Skin tone
I've never had any experience with stage or TV makeup, and I try to avoid cameras whenever possible. I can imagine that those types of cameras and lighting would require special makeup, but that was a strange way for the makeup artist to word it!

My skin is very pale, and I burn very badly, and quickly, if I'm in the sun for any length of time. I do use sunblock if I know I'll have to be in the sun for more than 10 minutes or so. But I really hate the greasy feel of it, so I just try to stay in the shade whenever possible.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14233 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Skin tone
Morgana wrote:

I've never had any experience with stage or TV makeup, and I try to avoid cameras whenever possible. I can imagine that those types of cameras and lighting would require special makeup, but that was a strange way for the makeup artist to word it!

:P I avoid cameras as well. I haven't ever seen myself whilst on stage performing (often hidden behind sheets of music anyway) so this make-up and skin tone topic is quite new to me!

I'm strangely pale for a Chinese person. :P Our skin tones can range from quite dark to paler than 'white' people, although I suspect it's my mother's part-Japanese heretage playing a role here, as well as living in a colder country and not going 'out in the sun' enough.

Parents think my hair loss is due to not being in the light enough. :dry:

Having a paler complexion can be irritating at times. When I go to China to visit people, all of the locals take one look at me and *know* I'm not from around there. It feels awkward. I have Indian and African friends who say the same - People in India and Africa just know that they're foreign from the paler complexion they have. It's not so noticible to us, but apparently there is a difference..

Leaves me feeling as if I don't belong anywhere, as in England, people take one look at me and automatically think \"Chinese\"..Not \"British\" or \"English\", and in China, I'm the \"foreigner\"!

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14251 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Skin tone
I burn before even considering a tan, and just put sunscreen on and really just try to avoid exposure to it so I am a pale person as well.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14253 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Skin tone
Envy, your hair loss might have something to do with lack of sun exposure. Just make sure you get enough vitamin D. Apparently since people have started wearing a lot of sunblock in the last few years, vitamin D deficiency has become more common. Something I have had to consider recently.

I just turn pink in the sun, and then look like a radish. Not a good look for anyone. And then I get freckles, which doesn't add to the charm at all. Plus, half my family has had skin cancer, so I am not going there. SPF 85+ for me. Plus parasol.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds