Show Navigation Menu

Skin tone

More
14 years 3 months ago #14263 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Skin tone
Vitamin D supplements are a great thing if you (a) don't like the sun or (b) burn really quickly. They keep one healthy, but still pale.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14270 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Skin tone
Hey thanks for the info I didn't know that :D In fact I rather thought vitamin E was responsible for it (makes dumb dumb sound)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #14273 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Skin tone
Thanks for the information!

(But darn it, I hate it when my parents are right) :P

In a way I eat 'healthy' food..But I eat so little that I don't generally get enough nutrients anyway. I guess I'm silly in the sense I'm not so bothered about my personal health - For now. I just find it difficult to eat the things you're recommended to, when you only have 3 meals a day and can't really eat anytime you want in college.

I've been looking for a parasol for ages..But the ones I like the look of are so expensive! :S The ones below are around 40-50 GBP..Not willing to spend that much on a parasol yet..But my eye will be on them for a while.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14294 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Skin tone
I don't think you need a lot of time in the sun to get your vitamin D... 20 or 30 minutes will do, if I remember correctly. The average person would probably get that much just going about their daily routine (walking from the house to the car, to the office, etc.) But it doesn't work through glass, so you can't count time spent sitting near a window on a sunny day.

I think dairy products contatin vitamin D as well, although it's hard to get all the vitamins you need from food, even if you do eat a balanced diet.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14313 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Skin tone
I'm also very pale. So pale that one summer I got a sunburn and the marks from my swimming suit were visible for 2 and a half years just from that sunburn! :(
My skin is pretty sensitive. I have to use a ph natural shower gel and always put on some cream like Bepanthen (dunno if you know it) or I have a pretty bad rash (don't know how to describe it) on my arms. It's worse during summer. Once the woman from the grocery store asked about it as it looked horrible. I felt so embarrassed. :(
My dermatologist wants to see me every 4 months as I got like 8 out of 10 signs of skin cancer and yada yada yada... The whole thing is frustrating.
I don't have a parasol, as it's too expansive over the net and here in Croatia you can't find them anywhere. This year I'm buying a regular umbrella and changing the fabric by myself.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14324 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Skin tone
I am not specially pale but i'm not tan.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds