Show Navigation Menu

Skin tone

More
14 years 3 months ago #14187 by scootiebee
Skin tone was created by scootiebee
I have been mulling this one over for nearly two weeks. While I was in L.A. to tape Jeopardy!, we were told to wear no makeup to the studio, as they have to put special makeup on us for the HD cameras and lights, or we will look like ghosts. Okay, I thought, and put on sunblock only. I get to the studio, and the first thing the makeup lady says is \"Okay, lets give you a more natural skin tone.\" More natural? Than my naked skin? Really? So I ended up looking like a pumpkin, very orange. But on camera, I look normal. Strange. Has anyone ever said that your skin tone was \"unnatural?\" Gee, I thought I was just pale, not unnatural!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14189 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Skin tone
She may have been referring to the fact that you're skintone would look unnatural under the lights rather then in real life. I used to do a lot of stage acting and often was a victim of the pumpkin face. The lights do really wash all the color out of your skin.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14192 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Skin tone
Yeah, I know that's what she meant, but it was such a strange way to say it.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14197 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Skin tone
I perform on stage quite a lot too, but i can never be stuffed putting on make up, so I always end up looking like a ghost. I do like wearing lots of eye make up though, so my eyes are always highlighted but nothing else.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 months ago #14204 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:Skin tone
I have not spent a lot of time on stage, but I have spent some time in front of the camera. However, those were underground shoots, and I was supposed to look pale. So, they didn't have to put much makeup on me for that.

But in every day? Yes, I get told I am glowingly pale, sickly pale or china doll pale, and I always have. Even after a long summer of outdoor activities, I just don't tan.

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 3 months ago #14210 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Skin tone
I'm white and i like that! Because i dont love to put myself in the sun to tan.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds