Show Navigation Menu

A weekend in Belgium

More
14 years 3 months ago #14041 by Daruma
A weekend in Belgium was created by Daruma
My man and me, We have just returned from an evening spent in our favorite absinthe bar in the heart of Brussels. There, we met an English couple who told us that Belgium was an excellent place to spend pleasant evenings.

Have you ever come to Belgium?
If yes, do you also that Belgium is THE land of good bars?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14052 by black_magnolia
I was to Belgium once. Visited Brussels and Waterloo. It was a school trip to the EU parliament.
My schoolmates and I spent the majority of our visit in Brussels at a pub, I've forgotten the exact name, but it's the pub with the biggest choice of bears in the whole wide world. Belgian bear is the best in the world! We tried as many different ones as we could. I haven't had fruit bear before that visit. Loved the cheery flavoured one and coconut one! yummy! :)
I also went with some of my metal friends (I was the only goth in high-school) to a small cafe, that had real coffins as tables and funeral flower arrangements on the (black) walls. Very cosy. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14063 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:A weekend in Belgium
Ah I have yet to visit Belgium.

Hoping to explore more of Europe as I grow older..I've only ever been to France out of the European countries.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14066 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:A weekend in Belgium
I do so wish to travel there in the future, to spend lovely evenings and to visit this before it is no more. Though you have to sneak onto the property,due to still being owned by the railways:
Chateau De Miranda (Noisey)

And here is a link to more photo's and I believe more of the history.

www.opacity.us/gallery130_grey_days.htm

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14089 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:A weekend in Belgium
I was in Brussels about 20 years ago, but I was with my parents and was only 15, and American parents don't take 15-year-olds into bars. Oh, well. My dad nearly bit the head off a poor waiter who brought wine glasses for my sister and me when my parents ordered a bottle of wine in Paris. Once again, oh well. I have to get back to Europe.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14168 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:A weekend in Belgium
knumpcy wrote:

I do so wish to travel there in the future, to spend lovely evenings and to visit this before it is no more. Though you have to sneak onto the property,due to still being owned by the railways:
Chateau De Miranda (Noisey)

And here is a link to more photo's and I believe more of the history.

www.opacity.us/gallery130_grey_days.htm

That Chateau is *incredible*! The detail is amazing..

Many thanks for sharing that one. :P I love creations that open my eyes.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds