Show Navigation Menu

Storms - cool or scary?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1460 by Aftermidnight
I heard yesterday that the light from lightning bolts actually comes from the ground and moves upwards. Is that true? I know the electricity comes down from the sky because of static electricity and pressure, but apparently just the light you see is actually going upwards. At risk of this turning into a science discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1463 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Storms - cool or scary?
In fact, you're right lightning come from soil that has been scientifically demonstrated.

T.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1464 by Highwayman
Anyone flying soon? I should say frying.:laugh:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1466 by Aftermidnight
Flippin' 'eck! Do you know what happened afterwards? Did the plane go down or did it keep going? I know some planes can keep going after they're hit by lightning. That one really did take a lot though!

More
14 years 8 months ago #1467 by morphea3107
i love storms....it's like witnessing nature's power up close....it's an exhilarating feeling...:D:lol:
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #1476 by CorpseQueen
I'm a fan of storms, and love to watch lightning (even tho it was a few years, I believe, since I saw some last) but maybe that's why I like it? If I would have thunder and rain and wind at all times, and with hurricanes not far way, I'd think I'd be terrified. Sure, I love how cruel Mother Nature can be at times, but when you're in the middle of it I don't think humans have a nature for loving it as much as if they saw it once in a while.

There are always those that differ tho. Myself I hate the wind, but love the rain. I love to just watch it, hear it... but real, taking up trees by the roots storm? Don't think I'd be all that fascinated when my roof dissapears into the wind...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds