Show Navigation Menu

Storms - cool or scary?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1394 by Morgana
I'll answer my own question... both! Storms always make me feel very small and insignificant. I think of people in medieval times, and imagine them cowering in their hovels and wondering what was happening, and why.

Hurricane Bill is bearing down on us at the moment, here in eastern Canada. It's supposed to hit sometime overnight Saturday, or Sunday morning, but there's been a restless energy in the air for a couple of days now. It's been pretty nice so far, but you can feel that something big is brewing...

We've prepared the house as much as possible, and all that remains now is to wait and see what happens. I'll be going to the beach to watch the waves, before it gets too crazy. Then it'll be back home, to bow to the furious power of Mother Nature unleashed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1397 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Storms - cool or scary?
i love storms. just seeing, hearing and feeling their power is a rush. to me there is nothing better than sitting inside with the window open or sitting outside under a porch when there is a thunderstorm with a lot of lightning and thunder. it's a great way of relaxation for me. morgana, hope all goes well.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #1403 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Storms - cool or scary?
Thunderstorms in summer are for me, a follower of Thor, a privileged moment.
Get in the middle of a field in the arms cross and pray the God of lightning is a great time.

T.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1405 by Highwayman
Thurysaz wrote:

Thunderstorms in summer are for me, a follower of Thor, a privileged moment.
Get in the middle of a field in the arms cross and pray the God of lightning is a great time.

T.

I agree let that rain poor down on you.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Highwayman.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1406 by Highwayman

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Highwayman.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1409 by vampirelycanthrope13
I think thunderstorms are pretty awesome! But in the UK we don't get too much severe weather and hurricanes so i don't have much reason to be nervous. Lightning always looks amazing, except this one time when a bolt of lightning hit the ground about 4 metres away from me, which was awesome, but encouraged me to get to my car at a faster pace!

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds