Show Navigation Menu

Honnesty

More
14 years 2 months ago #14717 by fastjam06
Replied by fastjam06 on topic Re:Honnesty
I Tend to be like bpagemom. I am a very blunt person and I ahve to really choose my words before I respond or it comes out just like I was thinking it and that is not always a good thing.example, fiancee askes if she looks good in an outfit. First thought, which is what came out of my mouth, it makes you look fat. Not recieved very well. Proper response would have been I don't like it. Not exactly a lie but not totally what I was thinking either.

Most people that know me have realized that I tend to lack the brain mouth filter that most people have so thay ask my opinion carefully.

Honesty is a big part of any healthy relationship but so is sparing someones feelings. I have to practice slowing down on my responses and not say the first thing that pops into my head.

Someday you'll understand what posesses me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14730 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Honnesty
cemwerewolf, I have to do the same thing with my mom. She doesn't have any medical conditions (that I know of, anyway), she just fusses way too much! For instance, if she asks what I did on the weekend, I'll just say we did a few errands, and hung out with some friends. If I tell her we were drinking and awake until 2 am, she'd have a fit and be sending me AA brochures. At 36 years old, I don't feel the need to tell her every single detail of my life.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14755 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Honnesty
Wow Morgana, my mom isn't that bad (in fact she usually makes margaritas when I visit her), but I still don't tell her everything, because she tends to make a bigger deal of things than they are to me. Sometimes, when I tell her something honestly, though, I realize how silly I am being, because she goes so overboard on it, I can talk myself around. Very complicated game of \"Devil's Advocate\", but maybe that's what I need. Aw, mom.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14788 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Honnesty
My mom just doesn't get the concept of \"social drinking\". To her, having one drink means you're a raging alcoholic. But she has her reasons for this, which I totally understand, so it's just not something we ever discuss.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14792 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Honnesty
@Morgana my mom is the same and the reason is also very justified and good so I don't tell her much, but I must say I got her to try fruit made wine, and she liked it, I was so happy to hear that she tweaked the boundaries a bit to try something new.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 2 months ago #14799 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Honnesty
It's often times frustrating to talk to my mom as I have to sometimes censor what I say. I don't think anyone really wants to make their mom worry. I just look at it like this : she worries because she cares. And because I care about her, I take measures to keep that worrying to a minimum.

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds