Show Navigation Menu

Honnesty

More
14 years 2 months ago #13983 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Honnesty
Oh, I agree with many of the statements mentioned. I refuse to lie to people unless it's a little white lie to spare their feelings, but if I know that telling them the truth about my opinion is possible without hurting them (often is), then I will tell them my whole opinion.

>.< I just believe that lies will amount to nothing..And if you want a partner or a friend to be honest in return, you do the same for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13992 by Bpagemom
Replied by Bpagemom on topic Re:Honnesty
My upbringing taught me to see the truth with your own eyes, prospective can help when deciding how to deal with a situation. And that you must use judgment when telling people anything. I was raised to see lies as tools to handle situations \"properly\". I despise that outlook.

I try to be open, honest and even blunt in most cases. I might spare someone's feelings from time to time by simply telling someone I choose not to reply at that time, but if I know someone may not want to hear the truth, I will tell them they probably don't want to know and not to ask if they don't want to hear the truth. I will warn them that I will not hold back. I am not great with sugar coating my statements. So, to make up for this, I warn people of my knowledge of something and my inability (or lack of wanting to) be floral about it to cushion the blow.

Yes, I believe in honesty. I am just a lot more like a trucker or an old psychiatrist when it comes to it. I am horridly blunt and straight forward.

"You have no power over me"

More
14 years 2 months ago #14107 by Kitessa76
Replied by Kitessa76 on topic Re:Honnesty
I'm all for honesty, all the way. Telling someone something they may not like hearing can be tempered with diplomacy and compassion.

I think it can be dangerous sparing someone from possible pain by telling them a 'little' white lie (a lie is still a lie.) Sometimes protecting people is not always the best course of action - some people need to hear the truth to make changes in their lives. This doesn't mean that I believe you can walk up to perfect strangers and blurt out your opinion. Manners still play an important role. As does picking your audience. I believe if someone asks your opinion, they actually want to hear it as you see fit. Often you may view the world differently to them - perhaps that is why they are asking you. That said, I see nothing wrong with the technique that Bpagemom employs if you feel the person may respond badly. If you think your honest opinion won't be received well, turn it back onto the one asking, and find out if they really, really want to know your thoughts..

I think it is quite useful to be able to read people when dealing with honesty, and to have a good sense of empathy.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14708 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Honnesty
\"Telling the truth is not to say evil\"
M.D.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14714 by NIFER
Replied by NIFER on topic Re:Honnesty
I think something to keep silent. The truth is very harmful, and too cruel. In any relationship should be diplomacy. :huh:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by NIFER.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14716 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Honnesty
I do believe in telling the truth but sometimes it is not the best to tell the whole truth. I have been known to make omissions from time to time. My mother is very suceptible to stress which aggravates an illness she has so, naturally, I sometimes have to keep her in the dark about some things. I don't outright lie. I just don't give all the details . . .

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds