Show Navigation Menu

Animal Lover

More
14 years 3 months ago #13887 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Animal Lover
I do love animals - but I hate what imported speices are doing to the native ones here in Australia. That's why I'm a cull hunter, but we have a strict code to adhere to so that no animal is made to suffer - it must be quick and painless. Plus - we must make sure that the carcass is not wasted...I could go on for hours, but I'll stop now.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13892 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Animal Lover
OMG you are a hunter? Well if you are protecting the balance of nature then it is ok, you are protecting the nature.

I had a roommate that is a hunter, but it was for the wrong reasons (trophies), and I always picked on her for that, I don't see the point, nor the fun.

I was devastated to hear a few weeks ago, her dad killed while he was hunting, :( :S no comment :pinch:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13912 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Animal Lover
I'm most definately an animal lover. :P I was around neighbouring cats a lot from a very, very young age..I think my mother has a picture somewhere of me with a cat in the garden, where the cat's back (whilst standing up) reaches near my hips.

I wanted to be a vet when I was little (amongst other things), but after finding out about performing surgeries etc..Well..I was put off. :S

More
14 years 3 months ago #13931 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Animal Lover
I wanted to take care of animals when I was smaller, like in a Zoo... but later, I wanted to be a writer more, and realized I don't wanna take care of animals in captivity, just for the fun of it.

I love animals, and I eat meat. I'd sacrifice humanity for the continued living of mother nature, but I still eat meat to every meal.
I believe that you can eat meat, and still love your animals. Death is part of all lifes, and without death life can't really exist. But killing and breeding animals like most do nowdays - that's wrong. The ideal breeding of (for example) a cow, is to make it live it's life, you milk it and have it feed calves and drink the milk. When the cow gets old, and will soon die, you kill it and use the meat, as well as the skin for clothes and things and every other thing you can get from the cow (I heard the hoves are made into blue). That way is like nature intended.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #13947 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Animal Lover
A cat, 2 cockatiels, 12 fish, a shrimp, a snake and a mouse . . . Need I say more? I love animals very much. I do however understand the difference between domestic and wild animals. Though I've cared for wild animals in the past they were always free to come and go as they pleased. For a long time I wished to be a vet but, fortunately before years of schooling, I realized that I don't have the emotional fortitude to deal with the possibility of dying animals on a daily basis.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13950 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Animal Lover
While I love animals, I do agree that animals that are not native to a place can cause immense damage. Around here it is domesticated cats. They are not native to the U.S., and people just let them outside to do whatever they want. Ick. I can't feed birds in my yard because it is like opening a buffet for local cats. And since we have chased off wolves and other natural predators out of this area because people did not feel safe living with them, I approve of hunting to thin the local deer population. If they were not hunted, there would be a deer plague. There are always a lot of car accidents with deer around here, and I know a few people who have been badly hurt hitting a deer, so better all around if the population can be kept to a natural level.

And I know how bad some of the non-native species have been harming the wildlife of Australia. It is so sad that some of the special and unique animals there have been hurt so badly by people who didn't know any better bringing these animals there. We are having problems like that in the Florida Everglades with Burmese pythons. People buy them as pets, and when they get too big to manage, they release them into the Everglades because they think they will be able to make a good home. Unfortunately for the many critically endangered animals of the Everglades (Key Deer, Florida Panther, alligators, American crocodiles, and numerous birds and fish), the pythons thrive there. They have numerous babies (50-60 at a time), and have no natural predators out there. Even full-grown alligators are a close match for a full-grown python. They are causing massive destruction. I sympathize.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds