Show Navigation Menu

Animal Lover

More
14 years 3 months ago #14218 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Animal Lover
I'm not afraid of spiders, and that's because of this house - we got lots of spiders when the time is right. And nothing small, mind you, these are as wide as my hand at time - between the eyes!
Kidding, but they are real big. Including legs I believe we've had spiders 10cm across. And it's all because of those little silver fishes (called in swedish at least) we have in our bathroom. Spiders seem to love them, and they got a lot of places to hide and grow big.
The worst thing I've been trough is taking on my (real leather) jacket and realizing I got such a spider on my leg... once even on my towel after I've showered. Those moments I get a bit panicked, but I see by how fast the spiders move out of the way that they're much more afraid then me, so I can never kill them. They keep a good job keeping the house clean - long time since I saw any other vermin.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14227 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Animal Lover
We have lots of spiders outside in the summer, which is fine because I know they eat other types of insects. I hate to see any type of bug in the house though, especially ones that fly. They move so fast, it's hard to see what they are, and whether they might sting you or not.

There were lots of cockroaches around when I lived in Vancouver, which I found really disgusting. Around here, if you have cockroaches it usually means your house is dirty, but I guess in the bigger cities they're just a part of life, albeit a very icky one.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14235 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Animal Lover
scootiebee wrote:

I grew up in Miami, where we have Palmetto bugs, which are like huge flying cockroaches. When I moved to Maryland, my roommate screamed in the bathroom one morning that there was a cockroach, and I went in and found this tiny little bug that didn't even fly! In Miami, we call Palmetto bugs \"roaches\", and THEY are disgusting! The cockroaches around here don't bother me. I just can't stand centipedes. Ugh. Too many legs...*shiver*

And unfortunately, I find them in the bathroom all the time. But I understand that they eat cockroaches. So I guess I can't kill them anymore...

Ooh..I never knew that. Centipedes don't bother me..I've held a large millipede before which is similar-ish..And they just remind me of snakes but with legs..So..Yeah..Not that bothered. :P If I found one in my luggage case unexpectedly, that miiight be a different story though.

It's not so much the legged-creature that bothers me, it's more the shock of finding one unexpectedly. If I was warned about it beforehand, I'd be fine. :woohoo:

I recall getting into bed one night and finding a med-sized spider running very quickly in and out of my duvets. That wasn't very nice. I feared it would go under my clothes or something..They move so quickly, I don't have time to mentally prepare myself. The larger spiders are generally slower so I prefer them. Easier to keep an eye on as well.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds