Show Navigation Menu

Animal Lover

More
14 years 3 months ago #13990 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Animal Lover
CorpseQueen wrote:

I wanted to take care of animals when I was smaller, like in a Zoo... but later, I wanted to be a writer more, and realized I don't wanna take care of animals in captivity, just for the fun of it.

I love animals, and I eat meat. I'd sacrifice humanity for the continued living of mother nature, but I still eat meat to every meal.
I believe that you can eat meat, and still love your animals. Death is part of all lifes, and without death life can't really exist. But killing and breeding animals like most do nowdays - that's wrong. The ideal breeding of (for example) a cow, is to make it live it's life, you milk it and have it feed calves and drink the milk. When the cow gets old, and will soon die, you kill it and use the meat, as well as the skin for clothes and things and every other thing you can get from the cow (I heard the hoves are made into blue). That way is like nature intended.

I think it's fine to love animals and eat meat as well. :) In Chinese culture, usually nothing is wasted when we eat animals..There's always a way of putting other parts of it to use, just like the glue from cow hooves example above.

A lot of the packaged foods in supermarkets are very wasteful..For example, fish fillets. It's much less wasteful to buy a whole fish, which is cheaper as well, and cook it yourself. There's tons of meat that is wasted in the process of making fillets. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14013 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Animal Lover
I enjoy them marinated in this lovely sauce....

Bring out the lovely kitties and poochies please...and don't hold the vermin....

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14127 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Animal Lover
I think it's fairly obvious from my other posts around the forum, that I'm a big animal lover. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14136 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Animal Lover
I do love animals, I think I like all living beings save for cockroaches.
And although I love animals, I have no problem with eating meat, wearing fur or leather.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 3 months ago #14166 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Animal Lover
Zenith wrote:

I do love animals, I think I like all living beings save for cockroaches.
And although I love animals, I have no problem with eating meat, wearing fur or leather.

I'm not too bothered by cockroaches as long as they don't surprise you. You get tons of them in Hong Kong so you have to learn to live with them..You get huge butterflies too..As large as a handspan. Annoyingly enough, when I came home from HK once, two cockroaches ran out of my luggage case. That was the worst thing..Ugh. The shock of it.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #14181 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Animal Lover
I grew up in Miami, where we have Palmetto bugs, which are like huge flying cockroaches. When I moved to Maryland, my roommate screamed in the bathroom one morning that there was a cockroach, and I went in and found this tiny little bug that didn't even fly! In Miami, we call Palmetto bugs \"roaches\", and THEY are disgusting! The cockroaches around here don't bother me. I just can't stand centipedes. Ugh. Too many legs...*shiver* And unfortunately, I find them in the bathroom all the time. But I understand that they eat cockroaches. So I guess I can't kill them anymore...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by scootiebee.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds