Show Navigation Menu

Weirdest thing(s) you ever ate/would like to try.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13903 by Kimberley89
u forgot to mention that you poured it into the grass an the grass died not long after

um...id love to try shark 2bh

my dad ate baby bumblebees in batter when he was in China...i didnt speak to him for a week :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13910 by Envy
Hehe, I recall eating tofu prawns, and they were so incredibly realistic..We weren't told initially that they were made of tofu - My brother and I had no idea until we were told. :P I love finding things out like that. I'm not one to shy away from food because of the sound of it.

Squid/cuttlefish is great! Although depending on how it's prepared, it can be quite tough to chew. Good restaurants should have pretty soft meat. :) Try it! Most people are put off by tentacles etc..But to be honest..It's just meat. Has a strange texture but tastes exactly the same as meat from anywhere else on the squid/cuttlefish.

It's amazing what a little batter will do. :P I was watching something on TV the other day and this guy was trying to find alternatives to fish due to overfishing..He resorted to jellyfish, as they were in abundance on the coasts. Few were willing to eat it - Until he deep-fried/battered it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13932 by CorpseQueen
I was in Scottland with my former class once, and we had breakfast in the hostel, and the first day I went there alone and found some sausages, which I tried. Didn't eat them tho, as they didn't really taste anything.
Later, I found out that they wheren't just sausages, but haggins-rolls. So, I've eaten a little bit haggins. Wasn't bad, so maybe I could try the real thing. But if I haden't gotten a taste of it in that way, I'd never ever think that thought...

I'm not adventurous in the way that I'd try that drink made of snake-blood from a freshly killed snake or anything like it, but I like trying interesting mixes of tastes - like juices with peach and raspberries and blueberry and I don't know... the same with fruits - I could try most exotic fruits at least once, and love pinapple (when grown good) but mango was a dissapointment... not the same things with cooked dishes tho, then I'm much more precautius and stay with what I know is nice.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 3 months ago #13953 by scootiebee
Weird fruits I like, carombola (aka star fruit, when you slice it it is shaped like a star), lychees (love lychee ice cream, which I have had at several Indian restaurants), and pomegranate (if you can get past all the seeds), and I do like mango, but I can't be near the trees when they are in bloom. The pollen makes me sick.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #13988 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Weird fruits I like, carombola (aka star fruit, when you slice it it is shaped like a star), lychees (love lychee ice cream, which I have had at several Indian restaurants), and pomegranate (if you can get past all the seeds), and I do like mango, but I can't be near the trees when they are in bloom. The pollen makes me sick.

Ah..I get heavy hayfever so it's awful when I go and visit Hong Kong..There's so much more greenery there.

^^ I've tried a lot of strange fruits too..I had a pomegranate once before and decided never again. :woohoo: Mainly because I had no idea how you're meant to eat it and the thousands of seeds frustrated me so much! Dragonfruit is great as well, you peel it like an orange and just eat it. I recall just being given a mango by family and being told to figure out how to eat it..So..That was quite a messy affair as well. Hehe..It was sticky, sweet and juicy so I wasn't bothered. It tasted good. :P

Not had lychees in ages..But that does somehow remind me of black sesame pudding..It's a black, sludge-like pudding, but it tastes very good if you can ignore how it looks. Peanut mochi is a nice pudding too.

^ 1. Dragonfruit. 2. Peanut mochi. 3. Black sesame pudding. :)
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14021 by scootiebee
I forgot about dragonfruit! I love it! They used to make a juice of this fruit a while back, but I haven't seen it in a while. I have to look around for it. Yummy!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds