Show Navigation Menu

Weirdest thing(s) you ever ate/would like to try.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #13780 by Envy
:P Being Cantonese, I've come across a lot of weird dishes in my lifetime..What about all of you? What's the weirdest thing you've eaten? Is there any unusual food you'd want to try one day?

Weird things I've tried..

Jellyfish (It was okay when I had it at home..The US restaurant stuff was awful, it was in a strange sour sauce.)

Shark meat (I didn't agree with my mother buying it, but her claim was that it stopped the meat from going to waste once the fin was cut off. Tasted a bit odd.)

Deep fried squid (I LOVE it!)

And a variety of other seafood...

Oh..And Durian fruit..(Don't do it..!)

Can't think of anymore that are particularly unusual for now.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13788 by scootiebee
Love deep fried squid (calimari?), and sushi might be considered weird by some...

I was dared to eat sand once as a kid. Crunchy.

Love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches with Worcestershire sauce on them. maybe with a slice of cheese, too. mmmmmmmmmm

But maybe each culture has things that are considered weird to others that are not weird to us? Have to think about that. I had a pizza in France with a fried egg on it, and people in the U.S. think that's weird, but it is tasty. I think it is all just relative to what you grew up with.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13809 by knumpcy

DEEP FRIED TWINKIE!

Though I do wish to try monkey brains some day and other foods from Asia.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 3 months ago #13817 by black_magnolia
The only thing weird that comes to mind in this moment is ox brain. Wouldn't recommand it.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13821 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Hmm...for me the weirdest thing I've ever eaten would have to be maku (witchetty grubs). They taste like fried egg in peanut butter, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They're quite nice really.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 months ago #13852 by Morgana
Hmm... I may have to skip reading this thread if it goes on. I'm not adventurous at all when it comes to food, it's more of a necessary evil to me.

I can't think of anything \"weird\" that I've personally tried. But I know there's a traditional Lebanese dish called kibbi (not sure of that spelling) which is basically a meatloaf, but it's eaten raw.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds