Show Navigation Menu

Moving to another country

More
14 years 3 months ago #13550 by Morgana
Technically speaking, Canada is English/French bilingual, so all government services are offered in both languages across the country. However, New Brunswick is the only province where everyday life is bilingual. The province of Quebec is mostly French-speaking, but the city of Montreal, which is in that province, has a very large English-speaking population (as far as I know, but EmmaLee could correct me if I'm wrong).

The city of Hamilton is in the province of Ontario, which is entirely English-speaking, so you should be fine there without French. Of course, there are many diverse cultural groups in Canada, at least in the bigger cities (Hamilton and Montreal would qualify as bigger cities), so you're likely to hear several languages spoken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13567 by scootiebee
Oh, and Montreal and Vancouver are nowhere near each other. It sounded like there was that assumption.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 3 months ago #13571 by millkins
Well we are thinking about both of them even if they are geographically far away, as for the prices, I think it is the same, if not please correct me. Thanks so much for the help so far :D it means a lot to hear from someone who saw and lived there how it is like. And I need every bit of info I can get before making the cut, so I know what we are going for :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13574 by CorpseQueen
I'd like to live somewhere else for a year or two (the life is long anyway), and my boy have been thinking of Japan (or such, he wanna learn to fight properly) and I really wanna go back to Scottland, so maybe we'll actually do something like it later in life.
But can imagine to move away from here for the rest of my life. I love my country, for good or bad, and see no reason to leave :blush:

I wouldn't wanna go to USA, but that's more personal then anything (don't like it when people try to rule more then thay can - I don't believe we're mature enough to have such big countries)(and so on...), but Australia and such would be interesting.

Can't help you much, as I'm for from both, but good luck and hope it works out :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 3 months ago #13685 by millkins
Well, this is going to be just for a few years, but can't get ahead of myself an important step like this one is yet to be planned to the detail. I would LOVE to live in Japan, but all of my friends who have been there say it is simply too hard there, they are far more disciplined than we are and as such more efficient. But I will make sure I visit the place on my way back home :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13689 by scootiebee
Not to mention Japan is EXPENSIVE!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds