Moving to another country

• millkins
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Six white russians and a pink pussycat
More
14 years 3 months ago #13427 by millkins
Me and my hon are having some thoughts about moving to another country, we have a few options, but now we are a bit confused on the matter. As designers it is hard for us to work here where there is almost no market for it. B)

We are thinking more seriously about moving to Canada (or Australia, US, Britain...). We both have cousins there who have told us a bit on the country and how it is going to be there, but to be honest I would like to hear something from another person who lives there. Same goes for the other countries we thought about.

So any insiders opinions, suggestions would be very welcome since we are on the verge of a nervous breakdown and we need it. :lol:

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13431 by Thurysaz
I love my country and although I know his faults I do not want to go live elsewhere.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #13439 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Moving to another country
There was a show on TV about families moving from the UK to Australia..Or a show soon to be on..I can't remember.

I just know that it's a huge leap..Maybe take a few long holidays to the country you're considering? Just to get a 'feel' of the area and lifestyle. When I went off to the USA and Hong Kong for 2 months at each destination, it felt like a lifetime and you really start to get accustomed to life there.

I wouldn't personally move country..Especially as I plan on studying law, which leaves options for work abroad, limited, unless you re-train..I'd think about buying holiday homes in other places though - But knowing me, even those wouldn't be too far from 'home'.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13460 by cemwerewolf
May I ask to what area of Canada you may consider moving? If it's in the west I might be able to give you some idea of what life is like there. If it is to the east I know there are some eastern Canadians among us and perhaps they may be of assistance.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13463 by scootiebee
Where in the U.S. would you consider? As a designer you might be interested in one of the big cities, such as New York, LA, Miami, DC, or another city? Is there a particular environment you are seeking out? A particular culture you are looking to seek employment in? What kind of design do you do? Do you want to live in a big city (such as new York), or a laid back city (San Francisco or Seattle)? In the U.S., and in Canada, the country is so big that you can find anything you are looking for, but we need to know what that is if we are to offer advice. I have seen a lot of the U.S., so if you have questions about a specific area, let me know. I have seen the entire eastern coast from Key West to the Canadian border, and most of the west coast (California, Oregon, Washington State), and a lot of the interior of the country too. What are you interested in? We probably have it here...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13469 by Kitessa76
What sort of information on these countries do you require? I'm an Aussie and could probably help out a little, but of course it is all very subjective :)

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds