Show Navigation Menu

Thanks, and why (finally!) I was on TV

More
14 years 3 months ago #13268 by scootiebee
Hi All. Thanks, first of all, for all who gave advice on \"what I should wear on TV\" in that thread. I really appreciate it. And now, finally, I can tell you all WHY I needed such advice. I am in LA this week to tape Jeopardy! I assume most of you have heard of Jeopardy! (I think you have to put the exclamation point). For those of you in the U.S., you can see me on Jeopardy! on April 2, check your local listing for time and channel. :)

And I got more positive comments on my outfit than I could have imagined. They had me spin around on camera and say \"A Jeopardy! Fashion Show!\". Apparently, I looked good! We went out to dinner tonight, and I was still wearing my corset and bustle skirt, and the owner of the restaurant (The Warehouse in Marina Del Rey, CA) came up and asked about my clothes. I told him I have an advanced sense of whimsy and charm, just like his restaurant, and he seemed quite pleased!

I also got a lot of strange looks on Hollywood Blvd last night, because I was wearing a sleeveless top while the locals were in parkas. It was NOT COLD! 65 F. (18.5 c.) is NOT COLD! At least not to me, having lived below freezing for the last month or two. Put my hands in Marilyn Monroe's and Johnny Depp's, etc. Just shocked at how small so many famous mens' feet are! ;)

Anyone want to know anything about taping Jeopardy! or LA in general? I can answer all your questions now.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13270 by cemwerewolf
Oh how wonderful! I'm glad you had so much fun and that your sense of fashion was so well received. It's so much better to have people enjoy your dark sensibilities then to be afraid of them. Of course there are two questions in my mind. How did you do? (Though I suppose I'll probably have to wait for the show to air for that answer) And, can you post some pictures of yourself in your wonderful garb yet? :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #13278 by Envy
Yes! Pictures!

And..I've never heard of 'Jeopardy!' apart from on a Weird Al song parody my brother was listening to, I think. :blink: Care to explain? Or is that too much to ask? :P

I wonder if they'll show it on the digital channels in the U.K..

More
14 years 3 months ago #13286 by black_magnolia
Jeopardy!? All this secrecy about Jeopardy!? ROFL
I was expecting something with more of an wow factor, like Oprah or something other then a game show! LOL
Sorry, scootiebee, I can't help but laugh - maybe the induced sugar high for today's exam is still kicking me in the head... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 3 months ago #13292 by millkins
I have the same question as Envy, although since we can't watch it maybe you could slip in a video or two when it get's out? :P

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago #13293 by black_magnolia
Here's a clip from youtube so you can get a picture of what's Jeopardy!...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds