Show Navigation Menu

Nails

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #12909 by CorpseQueen
Nails was created by CorpseQueen
For some years I had my nails sharpened, like claws. Which did them much good - they got a lot harder and more resistant, at first they would go off just touching something, later they would rather break halfway into the part still attachedto my fingers, which lead to a lot of blood and a bit of pain. Which is mostly why I'm now wearing faked long nails :silly: Not to mention the countless times I cut myself while dressing or handling my bag... even got some scars to show for it. But I'm real good at taking care of wounds!

I miss my nails, and will at some time in life get them back, but having this kind is also nice... a lot harder to live with, as I can't really push the numbers on my phone or make a fist, but I'm getting used to it fast.

One of the more fun things is that all my friends so far find my new nails far more scary then my old, sharp ones...

Sorry for rambling, but got no better way to start a conversation... anyone else tried fake nails? They're just as corsets - fun and goodlooking, but makes life harder... :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by CorpseQueen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12913 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Nails
I once tried fake nails, but I wasn't that satisfied. It's a great feel the first two-three weeks, but when they start breaking it's annoying... Naturally, I had to get them done professionally as I can't do them myself, and that's too much cash in the long run...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #12922 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Nails
I`ve never tried fake nails but I`ve contemplated it for some time. I used to have really long, strong nails but with my job I`ve had to keep them short and constantly washing my hands as well as some of the chemicals I handle have made them fairly brittle. I can`t really wear the nails while I`m working though so it`s not really worth the effort I guess . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #12923 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Nails
I've never had to try them. I've always had very strong natural nails, and people often ask me if they're fake. It's probably just luck, but I do try to take care of them... I never use them to pry anything open, and I use hand lotion every day. It feels really strange on the rare occassion that one does break, and I have an awful time trying to type until it grows back. At least they seem to grow quickly!

More
14 years 4 months ago #12940 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Nails
Didn't have strong nails at all untill I made them sharp - could bend them any way I wanted without them breaking.

Did my nails myself, and the result was some very strange nails... not at all straight. But, they fall off occationally, so I can put them back as I want them to. Only lost one so far, managed to find all other that fall of. Guess I need a better glue...

Just a tip - never use real glue. I did, and it expands. Nothing as a loose nail... and it takes much longer to dry.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #12943 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Nails
when I was 15/16 I had stalled long nail in point ... And they were so strong that I could plant them in a board without them breaking.
I cut short since I had my first girlfriend because otherwise they might hurt the private parts ...

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds